June 30th, 10:13:48 PM

Cas looked up at the ceiling, muttering under his breath as he tried to memorize something about the anatomy of the heart, his hand resting on Dean’s chest. He was sitting, criss cross, on the couch of his house, poring over his textbook as Dean watched TV with his head on his soul mate’s lap. 

Cas’s parents were staying the night at the hospital with Anna, who was recovering as fast as ever (probably had something to do with Eric being there with her all the time and telling her bad jokes whenever she was in pain), so they were alone in the house, except for Shiba. She was in the room next to where the couple was sitting, and occasionally scampered by them to go into another room. God knew what that cat was doing, but at least she wasn't insisting to sit in Cas’s lap. Dean had gotten considerably less allergic to her, if that was possible, but he still sneezed and his eyes watered up a little when she was around him. Along with her meows, the faint sound of Cedric Diggory talking in the fourth movie of Harry Potter on the TV was the only sound, along with the flipping of Cas’s textbook pages. 

“Hey, angel?”

“Hmm?” Cas asked, not really paying attention, whilst squinting at a small diagram in his book. 

“Do you think I’m as hot as Cedric Diggory?”

Shrugging, Cas blew out a small breath of frustration because he couldn’t remember the name of that one part. Groaning, he flipped to the previous page to find it, only to be stopped by a splay of fingers wrapping around his wrist. The future heart surgeon grimaced as he lifted his book in order to look at Dean properly, slightly annoyed.

Dean grinned, his green eyes sparkling. His freckles that were splashed across his face seemed to look even brighter, if that was even possible, and Cas paused to take a moment to look at his boy friend, to think about how lucky he was that he had landed such a…well, good looking person. He felt kind of proud as he stared at Dean. 

His looks didn't make up for his neediness at times, though. Whenever Cas was studying and not talking or looking at him for more than 2 minutes, Dean’s whole behavior just screamed, “PAY ATTENTION TO ME GODDAMNIT”.

Like now. 

“Really though,” Dean continued, pointing to the screen where Cedric was telling Harry to take a bath with the golden egg or something, “whatya think?”

Cas sighed; He had a test tomorrow and really didn’t have time for this. Nevertheless, he squinted at the screen and cocked his head to amuse his soul mate. 

“Hmmm,” he teased, “I dunno. You both are pretty good looking. The real question, in my opinion, is who’s better in bed?”

He saw Dean raise his eyebrows at that, and couldn't blame him; Cas was quite surprised at himself, since when he say things like that? He was definitely not the Cas who, 5 months ago, blushed at dirty jokes and never cursed. No, he was quite different, and it obviously all had to do with Dean. 

“Well,” Dean breathed out, and Cas set aside his textbook to brush a lock of hair off his soul mate’s forehead, watching it curl back. Dean caught the blue eyed boy’s hand and, staring at him in a way that made Cas feel like the most precious thing in the world, kissed his palm gently. It was cliche, but Cas felt a million fireworks explode in his chest, the butterflies pouring out of his stomach and fluttering out into the air. He sighed contently, and Dean smiled the softest smile, searching his face and kissing his palm again without taking his green eyes off Cas’s blue ones. 

“We don’t have to, yanno,” Dean whispered, and Cas knew why; Whispering just kind of felt like the right thing to do. “If you don’t want to, I mean. I’m not just here for the sex, you know that.”

“I know,” Cas nodded, and he did. They didn't really need it to show their affection for one another, the both of them already knew how they felt. He hesitated a bit before adding, “I want to though.”

Dean raised his eyebrow. “Oh?”

“Yeah,” Cas breathed out. “Not now though,” he rushed before Dean decided to start stripping right then and there or something, and Dean laughed because he knew that Cas was probably scared he was going to, “sometime later. When we’re both ready.”

Lip curling, Dean laughed out a small laugh and pulled at his soul mate’s wrist, and Cas obliged, shifting to lay down by Dean on the small couch. Small was an understatement, the couch was wide, sure, but nearly not big enough to fit two fit 6 feet and over men in around their 20s. Cas ended up basically on top of Dean, curled up around him with his head on his chest. Something in the other room crashed and Cas sighed as Dean chuckled, his chest moving up and down causing Cas’s head to go along. 

I don’t know what you’re doing, Shiba, but I know it’s not good. 

He decided to ignore it and play with Dean’s fingers instead, intertwining them in his as Cas felt Dean kiss his hair and run his other hand in it.

“Your hair,” Dean muttered sleepily, “literally defies gravity.” He pressed another lazy kiss to it, continuing to card his fingers through it, and Cas smiled. “It never stays down.”

Cas yawned, closing his eyes and curling up more than he already was. “Yanno, when I was in high school, I had the nickname ‘Sex Hair’, because that’s what everyone said it looked like all the time.”

Dean barked out a laugh, and Cas smiled softly, humming tunelessly as he traced patterns into his boyfriend’s shirt. 

“You think that it’s not that bad, but let me remind you that Anna was in the same grade as me and my mother was very involved in our school, so my entire family knew about it. They called me that, too. My Physics teacher even called me that as a joke.”

Chuckling, Dean buried his head into Cas’s hair, wrapping his hands around the Milton and squeezing him tight. 

“I love you, Cas. I love you so damn much.”

Cas laughed, actually laughed out loud and squeezed Dean back as tight as he could, hoping to hold on to him and never let him go. 

“I love you too, Dean.”

They fell asleep there, the movie and the textbook completely forgotten. 

 THAT WAS REALLY SHORT I KNOW I'M SORRY SO I'M POSTING ANOTHER CHAPTER TO MAKE UP FOR IT