December 3rd, 2:58:53 PM

Side note that all of y'all should read just in case:

If a lawyer objects to a question the other lawyer is asking, he has to say on what grounds, then the Judge either says sustained, or overruled. Sustained means that the Judge agrees with the objection and the lawyer has to ask the question in a different way or completely change tactics, and overruled means the Judge doesn't agree with the objection and the witness must answer the question. If a question is sustained, the jury is supposed to disregard it like it never happened, although that it pretty hard to do.

"You doing okay, angel?" Anna watched as Dean smiled at her brother, trying to sound more confident than he actually was- and he obviously wasn't - for the sake of his soulmate. Cas grimaced, wringing his hands nervously.

"I just want this to be over," he sighed.

"Yeah, I know. So do-"

"Cas!" hissed Mrs. Milton in her black dress and red lipstick, sandwiched between her son and her husband. "Your hair! I let you get ready at Anna's with the group for one day and-"

"Moooooooooooooom," grumbled Cas, dragging the word out. "I haven't been able to tame it for 20 years, what makes you think today was going to be any different?"

Anna's dad rubbed his wife's arm reassuringly. "Calm down."

She huffed, leaving it at that- thankfully, and Mr. Milton rolled his eyes at Dean. He mouthed something at the Winchester, but it was all lost because that's when the bailiff's voice boomed out, startling them all. Anna even saw Eric jump a little, and watched out of the corner of her eye as Dean and Cas got up and hurried out of the courtroom. They weren't allowed to be there as they were both witnesses. She turned back around, realizing that she had missed Agnesse coming in in her orange jail jumpsuit, handcuffed, because she was too busy talking to Sam and asking about court procedures. Anna could see barely see her, craning her neck around Sam to watch the large back in the orange jumpsuit way in the front. Ugh. Even Agnesse's back disgusted her.

"All rise." It was a deep voice, almost as deep as Cas's, and the bailiff, a bald, short, black man in a deputy uniform with a mustache that moved when he talked, looked like he would rather be eating donuts than here. There was a shuffling of feet as everyone in the court rose-and that was a lot of people. Anna had been told by Sam before that a rape case where the victim was a man was unheard of, and people, especially law students, wanted to be there.The bailiff nodded, and continued in his strong voice.

"Department one of the Supreme Judicial Court of the State of Massachusetts is now in session."

The Judge was an old white lady who was wearing long black robes and had a short blonde haircut that made it impossible for Anna not to compare her to Judge Judy. The bailiff gestured to her and said, "Judge Williams presiding. Please be seated."

There was a shuffling of feet once more and hushed whispers as everyone sat down. A reporter in the front snapped a picture. Anna laced Eric's hand in hers, squeezing it tight.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen," said the Judge in an equally loud voice. Perhaps it was a requirement of court, to have a voice like that. "Calling the case of the People of the State of Massachusetts versus Agnesse Kolesov. Are both sides ready?"

The prosecutor, the one defending Cas, was a tall, slim, graying man by the name of Michael Parrish. He nodded, "Ready for the People, Your Honor."

The defense attorney, a short, blonde man who looked like the textbook definition of sleazeball- it was the eyes, beady and squinting, that or it was just Anna's imagination- named Luke Kuffner, did the same sitting on the opposite side of the court. "Ready for the defense, Your Honor."