January 21st, 9:11:03 PM

Dean practically ran out the room he had excused himself to when he had took his call.

“I need to go, I’m sorry.” he said thickly. 

Cas and his family watched in confusion as Dean rushed to his shoes, and started to busily tie them on, tripping over his words in an effort to talk quickly as possible. “I’m so sorry I had a great time thank you so much for inviting me Cas I’ll explain to you later. “ He was in such a hurry that he didn't even pause for breath, just breezed through the words. 

Dean started to open the door, when Cas finally called out, bewildered,”Wait!” 

Dean shook his head, and without thinking, Cas ran forward and wrapped his fingers around his friend’s wrist persistently, sending a jolt of electricity through his body. Dean must’ve felt the same thing, as he stopped and turned around, looking down at Cas’s hand with wide eyes. Cas shuddered, realizing that this was the first time he had touched Dean. The Winchester cleared his throat, breaking the silence.

 Cas let go, his voice shaking for some reason. “Who was on the other end of the phone, Dean?”

 He was surprised when Dean actually answered rather than just leaving, his one hand wrapped around the doorknob with his right shoulder leaning on the dark brown door. His voice was low, coarse. “Sam.” 

Cas let out a long breath, fidgeting with his sweater. “And?”

 Dean clutched his jaw, looking down his shoes. It was the first time since Cas had seen him that he wasn't moving some part of his body. The Milton wondered why Dean didn't just leave, if he was just going to stare at the ground in anxiety without giving any answers. Cas faintly heard his family go into the other room, come on let’s give them some space, and Dean flinched at the sound of the door closing. The blue eyed boy watched as he physically saw his friend give up and just push the door open, the same look of determination returning to his face once more.

“Dean!” The high school drop out didn't stop this time, insistently walking to his car.  Cas stood in the doorway, extremely concerned for some reason. 

Why do I care so much about this man? I’ve known him for 3 days!  

Cas shook his head, stepping out into the cold January air. “It’s your dad isn't it?” 

Dean stopped in his tracks, but didn't turn around. Cas saw the mechanic’s shoulder’s rise slowly, like he was taking a deep breath. 

“Something’s wrong with him………?” Cas said the phrase like a question, his voice getting louder and higher towards the end. 

Dean’s silence told the Milton everything he needed to know. “Well, I’m coming with you!” 

Dean finally turned around. Well, half turned. His right shoulder pointing ahead, he swiveled his neck to glare at Cas. ‘No you're not.” Dean’s weary tone only made Cas more sure of his decision. 

“Yes I am.” He crossed his arms, staring the other man down. Dean threw his hands in the air, turning back around and stalking towards his beloved car. Cas smirked, turning back around as well to grab his coat and a jacket for Dean. He was sure that Dean would’ve probably just driven away if…….