July 4th, 7:49:12 PM

“So what are you planning?”

“For what?” Cas asked, sighing as he ran his fingers through his “Sex Hair”. Switching the phone to his other ear, he absentmindedly petted Shiba while trying to read To Kill A Mockingbird, eventually realized that he had been reading the same line over and over again without getting any meaning out of it for the last 5 minutes. Must’ve been Dean jabbering away in his ear on the phone. 

“It’s the Fourth of July, Cas!” Dean paused and Cas just knew that Dean was doing widening his eyes and holding his breathe like he did when he got passionate about something. “‘Murica!”

Cas rolled his eyes; America’s independence day wasn't really a big thing for him. From what he’d heard, it was mostly an excuse for people to eat foods dripping with lipids with their families and watch nuclear explosions in the sky whilst celebrating the anniversary of old white men signing a piece of paper because they wanted to be independent. 

Dean probably heard him rolling his eyes over the phone and sighed. “Cas, how come I’m always the one begging you to go places with me while you remain all antisocial and cooped up in your room?”

He turned red. “That’s not true!”

“Name one time when you made me go with you.”

There was silence as Cas tried to think of something.

“See?”

“Wait! How about your birthday? You didn't want to make a big deal and out of and-”

“Aww, come on, Cas,” interrupted Dean, exasperated, “that was my birthday. That doesn't count.”

“Well…..I’m not antisocial!”

“Come with me tonight and don’t complain once, then I’ll believe you.”

Cas resisted the urge to groan, he really didn't want to go out tonight, he was tired from all that studying and To Kill A Mockingbird was a really good book and-

Sighing, he tried one last resort. “We could celebrate by you coming over and we can eat food and read Harry Potter and cuddle.”

“Antisocial..…!”

He hummed angrily; Dean had won, and they both knew it.

“Fine,” he grumbled out passive aggressively, “I’ll come to your stupid celebration.”

Dean chuckled, a dark low chuckle that he had always thought was kind of hot but now it made him even more irritated. 

“I love you, Cas.” he said mockingly. 

“Yeah, yeah.”