January 19th, 10:58:33 PM

Castiel hated Dean Winchester with a burning passion. And judging by his actions and words, Dean Winchester surely reciprocated that feeling just as surely. 

Returning home was a journey filled with dread, Castiel could hear his footsteps echoing while his heart hammered, trying to think of all the terrible things his family would feel when he told them. 

Told them that his soulmate was a 21 year old arrogant man who didn’t want anything to do with Castiel.

Truth was, Castiel was a shocked when he had seen first seen Dean’s face, him being a man and all. Anyone would have. After all, going through your whole life imagining you growing old with a girl, and then learning it was to be a man in a day was a lot to take in. So Castiel didn’t blame Dean for freaking out, he himself was internally screaming at the same time as well. But oh God, the attitude! And the rudeness that hurt Castiel a lot more than he would ever admit to himself. Dean Winchester had took one look at Castiel, and decided that he didn’t want a thing to do with him. The nerve of that guy! And the whole, maybe we’re just destined to never have soul mates and be alone forever. Whatever it is, we’re not together and never will be thing was just so…..so….petulant!

The more Castiel thought about Dean, the more enraged he got. He knew deep down he was really not mad at Dean, but he was furious that his soulmate was someone who he would never be with. After the visit to the DST building, Dean was extremely quiet and, after exchanging phone numbers for God knows what reason, they parted ways, Dean and Castiel both going to work. 

And the whole Cas thing! To think that this rude and childish incredibly attractive man planted a nickname on Castiel the first second they met, and then proceeded to insult him was just….just….

“CASSY!!!!”

Castiel had arrived to his home, and no time escaped before he was bombarded with his family, his sister dramatically screaming his name and flinging herself into Castiel, giving him a gut wrenching hug.

The whole house was flooded with light, and Castiel forced a grin on his face and was about to make up some stupid excuse for his soulmate when he noticed the thing on his sister’s wrist.

His mother squealed loudly and his father laughed that great big laugh of his when they saw Anna’s timer catch Castiel’s eye as she pulled away. 

“Oh. My. God.” For a second, Castiel forgot all about Dean and stared at his sister’s bright face with adoration and pure joy. “Anna you got your timer!” the word timer was screamed into the excitable air, and his sister jumped up and down like a little kid on Christmas morning, squealing, and hugged him again tight. 

Castiel’s twin sister pulled away quickly and shoved her brand new device in his face. “4 months, 3 days, 11 hours, 4 minUTES, AND 9 SECONDS!!!! CASSY IM MEETING MY SOULMATE ON MAY 22ND, AT 10 HOURS, 34 MINUTES, AND 52 SECONDS ITS SO CLOSE OHMYGODPHMYGODOHMYGOD” 

The whole family screamed, and cried with her. Castiel was truly happy for his sister. He knew how desperately she had been waiting for this moment, and how many depressed days she had spent believing she would never get one. This was huge, and Castiel was ecstatic.