Chapter 32 - Wrestling

*songs for this chapter*

sleeping with sirens - stomach tied in knots

paramore - the only exception

*Ellie's POV*

We've been talking for a month now. All we do is talk and talk about everything and anything. Liam's the most interesting man I've ever met. He has so many dreams and aspirations yet so little hope. He's incredibly smart, it's actually pretty intimidating. 

But our endless talking sessions have been interrupted for tonight because I'm going bowling with my friends. When I step into the building it's very dark, there are neon lights around every corner though, so if you were wearing white clothing you lit up like a Christmas tree. 

We got through a couple rounds of the game before we decided it was getting late, and I was fine with it, I was terrible at bowling anyway. Marina offers me to stay the night at her house and I gladly accept, we never really get to hang out and I just want to be with my friends. 

When we get to her house we play some video games and then she randomly turns on a wrestling match, saying it's the only thing on, and she likes watching it, it gives her an adrenaline rush I guess.

I message Liam and tell him I'm at Marina's, when he replies he seemes off, distant kind of.

"What's wrong with you Li?"

"When did you get to Marina's?"

"About an hour ago, I know I didn't message you when I got here immediately but we played some video games."

"Sure." He replies coldly, I can tell that through a damn text message. 

"What's the matter?"

"Why didn't you message me as soon as you got there? You said you'd be gone for two hours and after two hours I got worried!" Is he seriously getting mad at me for this?

"Woah Li, I'm sorry I didn't message you immediately but it's really not that big of deal I'm here now and I'm safe, calm down." I can tell this is going to be a long night.

"No Ellie you just don't fucking get it!"

"Liam stop you're taking this way too far!"

"No Ellie you know what I'm going to fucking bed, good night."

He can't be serious right now. We're fighting and we're not even together, what the hell happened? 

"Liam stop, please." He reads my message but doesn't reply. This was so random and sudden, ti just didn't make sense. But fine. I guess he wants to play this game. I message him two more times but he doesn't budge. Whatever, if I pissed him off that much than I guess he needs some time for himself to cool off, maybe he's just having a bad day. Regardless he had no right to talk to me like that, he's never gotten that angry with me before, and I hope I don't have to deal with that again. 

Thank goodness Marina fell asleep because that fight literally sucked any energy I had out of me, I'm exhausted. I put down my phone just trying not to cry, trying to cram the fight to the back of my head and fall asleep. It sucks going to sleep upset.

I wake up stiff the next morning, sleeping on a cold leather sofa isn't exactly the most comfortable sleep you'll ever experience. It's early so I'm not expecting any messages from Liam, I check my phone, my expectations are a reality. I message him good morning, most likely he's not up yet, and if he is he probably won't reply. 

Marina and I go to the kitchen and eat some cereal.

"How'd you sleep El?" Marina asked while shoveling a spoon full of corn flakes in her mouth. I can't eat just corn flakes for cereal, they're boring and bland. I'm more of a Cinnamon Toast Crunch kinda gal.