Chapter 15 - School Dances

It's been a month since Liam left Belle and came back to me. When we started talking again like we used to, it honestly felt like no time had gone by at all. Things were back to normal.

Christmas is in less than a month, and the high school is holding a little dance and my friends wanted me to go so I decided I would. It's just a regular dance, casual. So I put on my dark skinny jeans, a red flannel and my brown boots.

I decided to not do anything to my hair, just leave it down.

I walked into the gymnasium by myself and tried to find a group of my friends. I couldn't find them and felt so alone so I sat on the bleachers farthest away from the crowd and watched as the lights flashed from the people to the wall, and I listened to the loud music bouncing off the walls and hurting my eardrums, I was trying to block it out because the music sucked, this is a high school dance not a nightclub. But some students are proving me wrong by their dancing, the sweaty girls grinding and pushing their bums out to the guys. It's honestly a disgusting site so I pay more attention to my boots.

I notice a change of atmosphere when notice someone sit beside me, and not in a good way.

The person that sits beside me is this creep, Zayn that's been trying to go out with me since middle school, but I always denied since he admitted to stalking me, and if it weren't for me calling him out, he would know where I live, but he does know my class schedule. He is cute, I won't lie, but I would never date him, he's just, he's too strange and bad and creepy for me.

"Hello Ellie" He says with a creepy smirk.

"Um, hey, Zayn."

"So where's Liam? Aren't you guys dating?" He asked. To be honest, I don't think he's coming, but right now he's all I want so he can get rid of Zayn, god where are my friends.

"Probably at home, and no we're not dating, we've been talking though." I maybe should've said we were just to get him off my back.

I notice he scoots closer, "well why is this beautiful girl sitting by herself?"

I scoot away, but I have to stop because my side just bumped into the railing, my back staying against the wall, "my friends will be here any moment, so go hang out with yours."

"Well I think those are your friends coming up the bleachers, I'll be with my friends, but save a dance for me." He gets up and begins to walk off.

"No thanks." I know he heard me by the giggle he gives off as he's walking down the steps.

"What the hell was that!" Jane yells before she even sits down by me.

I explain to Jane, Daisy, Marina, and a couple of my other friends, Riley and Sierra.

They are all encouraging me to kick him in the nuts but I can't do that, not yet at least. They have a plan for me whenever a slow song comes on, we'll all just walk over to the cafeteria and eat.

I've been talking to these girls for about 30 minutes on the bleachers. We don't really follow the rules when it comes to school dances, we mainly just sit and talk.

They are all still sitting on the bleachers while I walk to the locker room so I can use the bathroom, which was an obvious mistake there are girls everywhere, wiping off sweat, fixing their makeup, pushing up their bras, I won't be able to get through.

I walk over to the cafeteria as my next resort. I walk to the bathroom and fix my hair. And I just stand there for a little bit and I'm by myself the whole time. No one is even in the cafeteria.

I hear a slow song come on and roll my eyes, there is no way in hell I'm dancing with Zayn, but I should still sit by the girls and talk about how the songs are ridiculous.