Chapter 25 - Going Under

***songs for this chapter***

happy little pill - troye sivan

bloodstream - ed sheeran

postcards and polaroids - sleeping with sirens

---------------

6 in the morning right on the dot, I felt a light shake on my shoulder.

"Come on honey we have to go soon." My mom sounded tired. I hate that I'm putting them through this, I mean it's obviously not my choice but I hate it. My mom is taking time off of work just to take care of me, and this surgery is going to be so expensive. My recovery alone will be stressful.

I get out of bed and put on a random shirt and some shorts. I want to be comfortable, even though I won't be wearing these for long, my wardrobe for the day includes a baggy hospital gown.

Everyone was running around the house like chickens with their heads cut off. I sat down in the kitchen during the midst of everyone stressing aboout whether we have everything, I didn't know what to do, or how to help. The only thing they need me to bring is myself.

"Ellie are you ready to go honey?" My dad came up to me and asked.

"I guess so."

"Good because we're about to leave, so you can get in the car." He smiled at me and kissed my forehead, then walked downstairs.

I grabbed my Ipod and my earbuds, hoping my music can give me some sort of happiness before everything occurs.

Sitting in the car for 20 minutes was expected until we actually started moving. In the mean time we picked up my grandmother, she's coming with us. My other grandma and my uncle is coming later, they're all going to wait for me during my surgery. That makes me happy.

It's almost 7 when we finally step into the hosptial, and they send me to part I'm used to at this point, the orthopaedic center. I sit in the waiting room with my mother, father, grandma, and Jen. I can feel the anxiousness in the air, you could cut it with a knife. But to me, this feels like any other appointment.

They call me back for a few x-rays, so I get into the huge hospital gown that's so difficult to get on. The x-rays don't take long. And then they send me to get a CAT scan. I've never had one before, but I've heard it's pretty suffocating so I'm nervous.

That's all done and over with and now I'm finally ready to prep for my surgery.

A nurse sends me to the child surgery wing and I walk and first see a little office station in the middle of a large oval-shaped room with pale, striped curtains all around. A nurse led me to a room in the middle of one side and handed me a hosptial gown. Oh joy.

I peel back the curtain and see a small room with a hospital bed and a whole bunch of usual hospital equipment. 

"We'll stay out here until you're done, if you need help just say." My mom smiled at me before I put the flimsy barrier between my parents and I. I put it on like usual and told them I was ready. My parents sat on the two chairs beside the bed, and I sat on the bed. Then a nurse came in and told me I should lay in bed, that it'll help me relax. 

I got under the covers and she began to press random buttons on the heart monitor machine. She put in the IV and it was of course painful, and weird, just seeing a needle kind of resting in my arm. Then she put the heart thingy on my finger that I soon grew to hate because it made a loud noise to track my heart rate and every time I moved it would stop and then start again and it quickly got annoying.