Chapter 2 - Getting to know Liam.

I don't really know Liam very well. I mean, hmm, the first time we met was last year when he was still in middle school, an eighth grader and I was in seventh grade and I remember specifically the eighth and seventh grade band combined and we went to some weird competition and played some songs. He was in the same section as me, and his friend Dan. Dan was so, I don't know, strange. He was hilarious though, him and Liam always pronounced my last name wrong just to piss me off. But they were nice and really funny, they were pretty fun to hang around.

But why did he message me? What does he want? I mean, we're friends, and we've talked to each other a few times, and I'm pretty sure he has a girlfriend.

I don't get why I'm thinking so much of it, he probably just needs a friend to talk to, I don't know.

"Hello"

"Hey"

We carried out a regular conversation, as friends. We talked about several things, music, band, lots of other things.

I liked our conversation. We got along very well. He seems like a guy you could depend on for a good conversation, someone you just wanna talk to. Even though we have A LOT of differences. Music, school, life, everything.

Our conversation was going great, until Nicki came up. He asked me about what happened. He knew we had broken up.

Liam made a great first impression, he seems like someone I can trust. Someone who could be my best friend.

I might as well tell him the whole situation, I mean, everyone else knows.

After what I told him, I could tell he felt nothing but sorry for me that I had to put up with that bullshit for over a year.

He even told me, "you're amazing, you didn't deserve any of that."

What does he mean by amazing? He barely even knows me? Yeah we had one very long conversation, but he doesn't really know who I am as a person. During band, I just kept quiet, and shy, but that isn't entirely who I am.

I am loud and very obnoxious, I annoy people, I speak my mind, I give advice when needed, and not to brag but I am known to be quite hilarious.

So I asked him what he meant by it. He said, "from what I know of you, you seem very amazing. Amazing enough you shouldn't be walked all over, but treated like a queen."

Okay. That's very flattering. His girlfriend must be very lucky. And I told him that.

"We broke up a couple months ago."

That's really sad to hear. I'm sure he treated her well, considering how sweet he's been to me so far.

"I'm really sorry."

"It's okay, it was bound to happen anyway."

"Oh okay." I didn't want to go further into conversation about it, I knew he probably didn't want to talk about it.

"Yeah. But I've moved on. There's someone else anyway."

"Oh reaalllly?" Who?" I asked, maybe it's someone I know, maybe I could help him out, be a good friend.

"No one you know. But she's amazing. Everything about her. Her eyes are so blue. Her hair, how it flows behind her. She's so different from me. And I think that's the problem. She only really knows me as an acquaintance. She wouldn't go out with me. I mean we talk sometimes, whenever I'm in the same room with her, I can't stop myself from staring. But again we're so different, she's so happy and bright and full of this amazing spirit that could bring a smile to anyone's face, including mine. I just wish she knew how much I liked her."

That took a second for me to read, I read it second time, and then a third. I kind of wish I was that girl to be honest, I hope that girl likes him. I hope they end up together. I can tell he'll treat her well.

"Wow. Sounds like a really lucky girl. I hope she ends up with you."

"Me too."

"Are you going to ask her out anytime soon?"

"I don't know. I mean, I know her pretty well I guess, I just want to know her better."

"Yeah. I understand. You better tell me who she is."

"You'll figure it out."

I'm a little confused by that to be honest. And it doesn't help that I'm really tired and my brain has been working pretty slowly today. So I end the conversation.

"Well, I'm pretty tired so I'm going to go to bed. Night Liam." That's probably the longest goodbye message I've ever sent a guy. Not even Nicki.

"Oh okay good night El. Sweet dreams."

That made my heart flutter a little bit. No one, EVER, has ever told me sweet dreams before. And it's cute, I like it. And no one else has called me El. I really like that nickname, it's different from him mispronouncing my last name wrong, which is nice.