Chapter 14 - Changing Letter

Some days he wouldn't talk to me for over a week, two weeks even. I could manage counting down the days. He almost even went a full month without talking to me.

It was now October. That means homecoming is coming up. I didn't go last year so I'm not even going to bother this year.

Every Friday night Liam would sit by me at the football games. He used to always talk to me, hold my hand even, now, not so much. He would occasionally talk to me but we were sat with the whole band, therefore he could've talked to any of them. But he still say by me. He would still make me laugh and have butterflies, I just didn't make them as noticeable.

I'm trying not to complain here, at least he's still talking to me, not as much but, still some. I have a lot of feelings towards what he's done, that I don't want to explain through messaging and can't really say aloud. So I wrote it down in a letter.

The whole band was walking down to the high school from the stadium. I found Liam and whispered, "I have something to give you."

I am putting my uniform away and I immediately start to regret writing him a letter last night. It's two pages long, both front and back. It took the whole day yesterday for me to put my feelings down on paper properly.

I get closer to him and he has a confused look on his face, "what's wrong, what did you have to give me?"

I smiled, "This."

And then I gave him the letter and left.

******

** Liam's POV **

I'm home now. I quickly get out the letter El made for me. It's long. What all did she have to say. I unfold the letter and begin to read.

Dear Liam,

I'm sorry I couldn't talk to you in person about this but I'd rather you read it.

I understand you probably still love her and want to be with her, but why did you have to do that? Just leave me high and dry? It's almost Christmas, now you can spend it with her.

Did you leave me because it was too long of a wait? I thought you said you'd wait for me. That means I really wasn't worth the wait, was I? It's too sad to think about.

In case you didn't know this already, I do like you, I really do. Let me put it this way, each time I was around you or even just when you messaged me, I felt butterflies in my stomach. Liam, there were cocoons in the pit of my stomach, they were dark and refused to break free and be happy, you made them break free, you made me happy. So happy that, even though you went back to Belle, I still wanted to talk to you, don't you understand that. And it could've been better between us, for starters I could handle a little jealousy, and I wouldn't cheat on you because you know how I feel about that.

The letter goes on. Reminding of my fuck up going back with Belle. How could I do that to El. She would've treated me way better than Belle ever could and I know that. Why did I even go back with Belle in the first place? She has a boyfriend? Why do I keep running back to Belle when I got this beautiful girl sitting at home waiting for me to message her. Waiting for me.

God I fucked up so much with El. I already fucked up what we had and we aren't even a couple yet.

That's another problem, she liked me so much and I knew that. How could I do this to her. She has done nothing wrong. She didn't make me wait too long. I would've waited until the end of fucking time. It was Belle, she opened an opportunity for me to love her again and I took that chance. I don't even love her anymore. She hurt me so badly. And she never, ever came close to El. I have to message El. Actually no, I'll call her instead.

"Hey, I just read your letter?"

She takes her time to reply. She read it, I understand.

"What did you think of it?"

"It's true, everything is true, all of it, and I'm sorry for hurting you like that."

"Well it's okay if you love her that much--"

"No, El, I don't, me talking to Belle again made me realize how much she hurt me, she was talking to two guys at once and I didn't like that, she had so much control over my emotions and I won't allow it anymore. I'm done with her completely. El I also realized how much I miss you. And how much I fucked up, I'm so sorry."

"It really hurt Liam. Whatever we had was gone and I want it back but I think you need to gain it back"

"I completely understand and I am prepared to do that."

"Well if you continue talking to Belle then that's not happening, sorry but you left me for her and I don't want her interfering anymore."

"I promise! It's over! I already ended it the other day!"

"Alright well, I'm happy your back."

"Me too. I really like you El, I fucked up so much and you're amazing for staying with me."

"I'll always be here."

And hearing El say that made me realize I was totally in love with her.