Chapter 20 - Opposite Day

***songs for this chapter***

with ears to see and eyes to hear - sleeping with sirens

I'm a mess - ed sheeran

all you ever - hunter hayes

In the time it's taking for Valentines Day to arrive, Liam has brought up us not bring in a relationship several times, I have yet to find out if he's joking or if he actually means it. I have a strong urge that he means it though.

It pulls at my chest every time, because he used to never complain about waiting, he said he'd wait however long, and now that he's suddenly bringing it all up is making me feel pretty bad, I know it's Valentines Day, the holiday for lovers to come together and just love I don't know, but I'm not ready yet, I don't want to be in a relationship that I'll be scared of, it's all so much to handle, and I would never want to hurt him but he knows soon I'd be willing to be with him, I'm not here to lead him on, that'd be awful of me.

Everything is moving so quickly and I don't want to waste what he have either, I just want to cherish what we are now. We are something that only Liam and I will ever understand. No one else and I love that.

Liam has acted like nothing was wrong at school, he was still sweet to me, knowing that was really the only time we saw each other, so he cherished it. Of course he wanted to hang out outside of school, I did too. But my mom being the way she is wanted to meet his parents first, I don't know why exactly, I mean we're not even dating, she knew we were talking but that's it, and I don't know exactly how to have his parents meet mine without it looking like a relationship, Liam and I were both in band but neither of our parents were that much involved, my mom went to the meetings and stuff but there hasn't been any lately.

It's all just very stressing, when it doesn't need to be. I know this is partially my fault but I just want to wait and I thought he understood that.

We had normal phone calls, text messages, we never fought but he'd bring it up and I got frustrated.

It's finally Valentines Day. Oh lord. I show up to school, wait outside my class, he shows up, everything is normal, I was kind of hoping it would be so we wouldn't have a big fuss about not being in a relationship but we love each other and all that. I wasn't looking for a fight today.

"Hey beautiful." He smiles down at me.

"Oh, hey Liam"

"What are you doing today?" Good question. I don't know what I'm doing, probably staying home I imagine.

"Um probably just gonna stay home. Why?"

"Let me walk you home today?" I did only live a few minutes away from school but I've never walked there it just seems too dangerous.

"My mom would never let me walk."

"I know that silly but I'm going to my grandmas today so then we'll be on the same bus, and I could just walk you home and then go back to my grandmas?" He seemed so full of hope, I couldn't turn him down.

"Oh, I guess that'd be okay."

"Great." He smiled, no one would be home, my mom said that she had to go out of town with my grandma for some reunion, my sister and dad would be at work till late. I feel like I'd get caught somehow if I brought home a boy and no one was home so I think I'll leave that detail out.

"The bell is about to ring." I looked up at him, damn he was tall.

"I know." He smiled and bent down to hug me, and he rubbed my back so lightly, it relaxed me and I didn't want to let go.

"Bye Liam." I finally let go.

"Bye babe, I'll see you later." I did realize walking into class that his grandma lives actually right beside my friend, Grace, so that's why he'd be on the same bus with me.