Chapter 33 - Surprise

It's been two weeks since the big fight that lasted a whole day, which resulted in Liam leaving flowers on my front porch and him begging for my forgiveness. We haven't mentioned it since but I still haven't forgotten about how horribly angry he got with me, to anyone else it would've been intimidating, but to me it was just ridiculous. He overreacted and he knows he did. Hopefully that never happens again because I can't handle being with someone who has to know where I am every second of the day.

It's the last week of school so our teachers have gotten lazy and sit at their desks fiddling with their laptops, leaving the students to do anything at their own freewill. Jane and I sit on the counter tops of our science class and talk about summer plans. Of course there's band camp and practices, and considering we don't really have a life outside of band, we have no other plans.

The school day goes by fast and I'm dreading the walk home I have to take after the bus drops me off, it only takes 5 minutes but it's so hot outside. I get off the bus and walk across the street, cranking up the music on my phone. I feel the sun burning my skin, which causes me to walk faster so I get home quicker. I walk through the front door, welcomed by cool air. I throw down my backpack and lay down on the couch. I look out the window and see Jen's car in the driveway. For once someone is home when I'm here.

I notice the familiar buzz of my phone from my back pocket. I unlock it and of course, it's a text from Liam.

You know I've been thinking about something.

About what Li?

Well El, I really like you and you really like me so let's go out.

Oh?

You're asking me out?

Well it appears that way doesn't it?

I don't even care that he's asking me out through text, this is all I've wanted from him, and I've never felt happier. After a few minutes of not responding he texts again.

I'll give you some time to think about it if you need to.

I don't need time, of course I'll go out with you, I'M SO HAPPY!!!

ME TOO ELLIE!

It seems so strange that we're in a relationship, we were basically were in one before so it feels the same, but not. I don't even know how to explain it honestly. He's so excited. He kept telling me about how he wants to shout on the rooftops that we're finally dating and that I'm his. And that thought makes me happy but I also haven't forgotten about that time Niall warned me about his possessive behavior, but he hasn't mentioned anything about Belle around me, and he's never gave off any impression of overbearing jealousy or rage besides the one fight we had two weeks ago. But that was a one time thing and he knows what he did wrong.

I'm excited to do all the silly couple things with him. I'm excited to meet his family. I'm excited to go to his house for the first time. I'm excited to love him and call him mine.