Chapter 31 - All Over Again

*songs for this chapter*
over again - one direction

the only exception - paramore

you - the 1975

---------------------

**Ellie's POV**

 I didn't know what to think while riding the bus home.

I love him but I can't get hurt. 

I just keep thinking over and over again how this is going to work and how we could possibly even get back to how we were before. 

Although when we talked today it felt like no time had passed. It just felt like a normal day, how it used to be.  It's just weird how we already went through that arguing/not talking stage. I hope that never happens again. I don't think I can handle him leaving again, it was painful enough the first time.

Fuck I don't even know how to feel. I'm ecstatic he's back, but it just feels like he never left honestly. 

Will he even message me when I get home? Will he still message me everyday? It's all just so confusing.

I step off the bus letting the warm wind hit me harshly. Thank goodness I wore shorts today or else I'd literally be dying. A few other girls are walking beside me, they live further up the road but I've never bothered to associate with them. I just always feel like if I try to even say hi to someone they'll laugh at me, it's a dumb excuse but it's true. I'd rather keep to myself, that way you don't get hurt. 

Finally I get home and I set down my books and lay on my bed. I just need to relax.

And there's the familiar beep of a text message.

**Liam's POV**

I haven't felt this happy in ages. I feel like a smiley, giggly, jumpy kid that finally got the toy they wanted. But she was no toy. She doesn't have the heart that can be played with and I intend to take care of it. All I want is to take care of her.  

When I get home I contemplate on immediately messaging her, but I had to win her back somehow, and I can't do that by not talking to her, so I texted her. She takes her time to reply and I try not to worry, she might not be home yet, yeah that's probably it. 

"Hey." She replies finally, 10 minutes later.

"What were ya doing?" I ask, trying not to sound so obsessive.

"Napping but now I'm up."

"Oh I'm sorry you can go back to sleep.."

"No it's fine I have homework anyway."

At first throughout our conversation was boring and she didn't seem too interested, but eventually we started talking about better things and actually getting deep into conversation, just like old times. 

We laughed and talked about our day and just other stupid shit. We could sit there and talk about shit like pickles or blankets and I'd be entertained. She always has to make a joke out of everything, sometimes she'll make things really inappropriate and that's why she's the perfect human being because she understands a guys humor and she finds it funny, you can't say that about a lot of girls. 

We get into discussion about how those few months were like without each other and we both agree it was agonizing torture. Which brought up her surgery and that's when I broke down. I still feel so horrible for not being there for her in her time of need, especially when I promised I would be. 

She insisted that it was okay, that I wouldn't want to see her like that anyway. She said she literally looked like a demon that wasn''t able to shower, which of course I don't believe for a second. Whatever bad thing she thinks of herself, I find beautifully fascinating. She could roll around in the dirt and mud and I wouldn't hesitate to hold her. 

I don't care how many times she says it's okay, it's not fucking okay. I promised to be there and I wasn't. Oh god I couldn't even imagine how much pain she was in, and how torturous it was being in that hosptial.

She told me a story of when the Easter bunny came to visit her in the hospital and gave her a basket full of candy and other little gifts, and she was so high from the painkillers that she wished him a Happy Easter and apologized for not getting him anything. 

"I just felt so bad I didn't get him anything! I was so upset." When we moved to talking on the phone I got to hear how adorable she was when she got deep into a subject. 

Then she started talking about the horrific pain she had on the last night after being removed from the morphine pump and how it was so bad that it woke her up at 4 am and the stupid nurse wouldn't give her the pain pills. She started to get frustrated so she moved on to a story about when she got home. She was taken down in a wheelchair. 

Ellie is strange when it comes to the little things, before the surgery she'd always wondered what it was like to ride in a wheelchair, of course she could never do it because her mother would probably ground her for being disrespectful. El wanted to speed along the isles in a wheelchair and zoom and screech and have fun with it, that's how she was. She'd find fun out of the simplest yet strangest things. Unfortunately her first experience in a wheel chair was getting rolled out of the hospital in terrible pain. It had no neck support so her head would roll around, like it was about to fall off. 

Then she talked about how her first few weeks at home were basically being spent in bed, watching those dumb reality shows about wedding dresses and cooking shows, she enjoyed them though.

She needed help just sitting up, she couldn't eat at the dinner table. So much pain that she didn't deserve. I know that her not having the surgery would only fuck up her back even more but gosh I sometimes wish she didn't had to have it because of all the torture she had to endure.

We talked until 1 am that night until I went to sleep, she didn't go to bed though, she stayed up till probably 3 am, yes that's really late on a school night but she told me her surgery completely fucked up her sleeping schedule and it was a lot worse before school, she wouldn't go to sleep till like 6 or 7 am and then would wake up till 1 or 2 pm. Hopefully she'll be back to regular soon, I don't want her falling asleep in class. 

I want my lively girl back.

------------------------

hey guys! I know it's been like two months but i've been so busy with school and family and friends and lacrosse and ughhhh. well anyway here's the new chapter that took me a couple hours and  A LOT of editing, but there are probably still some mistakes in there lmao. 

but THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE 1K READ AND 70 VOTES OMG WHEN I SAW THAT I LITERALLY CRIED I LOVE YOU GUYS SO DAMN MUCH!!!