Chapter 13 - It's okay

There is practice today and I wasn't feeling up for it. When do I ever feel up for it. Usually I'd be excited for practice, but now it can just be a reminder of what I can't have.

I was always putting on the face and trying to be as happy as I can about the situation. I made the most of it.

It's been a week since Liam confessed about Belle and there were already changes. Instead of getting a text in the morning, it'd be later afternoon. And the conversation always turned out awkward but I wouldn't let that happen.

I got my trumpet and my mom drove me to practice, she was ranting on about something with my grandmother but I just chose to block her out.

I stepped out of the car with my trumpet and shut the door. I sat down on the sidewalk with a few other people in my section. I just kind of sat there and stared at the bright blue sky with a few clouds.

"Hey, what's up?" I was interrupted by my good friend, Niall. We would talk all the time when I was dating Nicki, we we're best friends.

"Oh hey, long time no see!" I smiled. I missed him, we rarely ever talked since we got into an argument about his problems and he stopped talking to me. But lately I think he's been trying to rekindle our friendship. I hope so. I really need a guy friend since apparently I'm not good at keeping one.

We talked a little about our lives before and he said he had to get something at the band room.

I saw Liam walk to our section. He sat a few feet away from me. A person in between us. I remembered the times when he would sit beside me and have his arm around my waist and even Belle would walk by and notice but he didn't even look at her. I need to stop.

I look at him through my peripherals and notice him staring at me. I decide to look at him and see what he wants.

He mouths, "are you okay?"

I nod lightly and give a small smile. He can tell it's fake by the way he slightly pouts. I really am okay. I am just a little sad that's all.

I don't look at him the rest of practice. But during break I don't sit in the usual spot I would sit at with him. He stays there though, but Belle is taking my spot. They're surrounded by a group of people. She is sitting right beside him, laughing, talking. I am literally right across from them and he doesn't even notice I'm staring at him.

******

School has started and I already hate it. I've always hated school. I occasionally see Liam in the hallways but I look away, even though I know he's looking at me.

Weeks have gone by of being just friends with Liam. And with each week our conversations slowly deteriorate. I find myself counting down the days of when he'll message me again 5... 4... 3... 2... he messaged me!

I know I'm pathetic for being like this. When I talk to my friends or Jen about it I can see it on their faces.

The other night I went to a movie with Jane. I told her it's been 6 days since he last messaged me. Almost a week. And she told me I shouldn't waste my time on him. I should just leave him. I don't deserve that. I don't deserve him. I can't leave though. No matter what the circumstance, he makes me, happy in someway. Pathetic. Or I'm just hopelessly in love.

-------------

this is a short chapter I know but it was pretty easy to write. I've had this fanfic planned out for months!

I'm hoping it'll get more reads!! can I get it to at least 100? 150? that'd be nice bc I'm working hard on this and I want you guys to read it and love it!

spread the word and share this story okay love you!

btw my twitter is @/orbitinglouis and my personal Instagram is @/kaitlenoo_

okay thank you! :)