Chapter 8 - How The Night Went

Everyone undressed out of their uniforms and I walked with Jane back to the bus, quickly changing into my pajama pants which I quietly praised myself for because it was freezing, also slipping on my sweatshirt. I was still waiting for Jane to get ready and then I saw Daisy run to me,

"Hey girl! So how did it go, with you, Dan and Liam, what did you guys do?"

I decided to leave out the part of us sneaking behind the school and them smoking pot.

"We just walked around and talked."

"Why aren't you going out with Liam? I mean do you see how he looks at you? He really likes you!"

I was taken aback by her blunt comment.

"I plan on dating him. But I just broke up with Nicki a while ago, like not even a month ago. I'm being the respectful person and not taking things too fast with any relationship. Plus Liam said he'd wait for me."

"That's wise of you El. Good idea." I heard Jane call out from behind, and I notice her folding her clothing. I give her a smile. At least someone, besides my mother, appreciates my idea.

"Yeah it is, I just never really thought it that way, just don't make him wait too long, he really likes you."

I nod and smile. She's right, he does like me, and I don't want people to think I'm leading him on, which I could never do. But I blush at the thought of this boy waiting for me.

"Hell, I thought you guys were already dating!" Jane calls out.

"How?"

"Isn't is obvious, you guys look at each other and talk to each other like one! When you guys do go out, I'll be supporting you."

I giggled at the thought of Liam and I dating. I don't really know what being in love feels like, but it sounds amazing and I can see myself sharing that feeling with him.

But at the same time, I've seen heartbreak before. I'm scared that'll happen to me. It sounds horrible.

Jane, Daisy, and I walk out of the bus and I was greeted by a pair of arms grabbing onto my waist and picking me up and twirling me around.

"Hey El." Liam put me down and turned me to face him.

"I was waiting for you." He smiled and leaned into to ear and whispered, "Those pants are cute."

I giggled, "Thank you."

"Alright let's go see what our scores are." He smiled at me.

For a second I forgot we weren't alone, Jane and Daisy were beside and Dan was beside Liam.

All five of us sat down at a random part of the bleachers, along with our band, a few other friends joining us.

We watch a few other bands play and I continue to talk to my other friend, Marina, about random things.

Then they start announcing the scores. We got second place in our division, but we still killed it.

After we claimed out trophy and watched other bands claim their own, we were all heading back to the bus.

I sat down in my seat beside of Liam. Then the chaperones announced how great we did and since it was dark, the boys and girls weren't allowed to sit together on the bus.

My smile faded, I was honestly a little disappointed, I really wanted to sit with Liam.

"Hey, it's okay, just sit in front of me." He whispered, an I moved in front of him. Now Jane was across from me, I could talk to her.

The lights shut off and the bus starts moving, I am honestly tired, I could take a nap. But that would be impossible, I literally cannot take naps on a bus, I just can't. Which sucks for me because all my friends that are around me are asleep. Even Dan is.

But Liam isn't. I'm leaning against the bus window and put my legs on the seat. I feel Liam's hand through the space of the window and the seat on my back, rubbing it.

Then I hear him whisper, "are you asleep?"

"No."

"Okay, good."

I can imagine the smile on his face.

On the way back Liam and I whispered about random topics, his hand never leaving my back, it was soothing, I never felt so relaxed. I always feel this way when I'm around Liam.

This is a two hour bus ride how come it only seems like 30 minutes? I want to spend more time with Liam!

Before I know it everyone is back in the band room holding conversation with each other, I was with Daisy, Jane, and Marina. Although Jane seemed pretty busy to the guy she had been talking to, Andy, they seem good for each other.

I text my mom and tell her to come pick me up at the high school.

I decide to stand outside and wait for my mother. No one else was outside and it was freezing but oh well.

I heard the door open and saw Liam, he immediately smiled, "I thought you left! I got so worried!"

"No I'm just waiting, my mom or whoever should be here any minute."

"Are you cold?"

"Freezing yeah."

Then I saw him violently rub his hands together, biting his lips, he then put his hands on my face, and with how cold it is, and how warm his hands are, it feels like heaven.

"Like that?"

"It feels amazing." I close my eyes and reminisce in how it feels, knowing he'll have to let go.

I saw the front of a car come in my direction and recognize it's my sister's car, thank goodness she picked me up instead of my mother.

"Okay well that's my sister, I have to go now, goodbye Liam."

He grabbed me and hugged me tight, "goodnight El. I'll talk to you later." We smiles at each other and I crawled into my Jen's car.

"Who's that boy?"

"Liam, he's my friend."

"Oh, doesn't seem like it."

"Yeah, he likes me, and my friends say we should go out but I'm just gonna wait a while, I broke up with Nicki not even a month ago."

"Yeah I understand."

The rest of the car ride home was quiet, which was unusual, Jen seemed off.

"Is something wrong Jen?"

We pulled into our driveway and were walking towards the door.

"Um, can we just talk about it tomorrow I'm pretty tired."

"Sure that's fine." If she was upset, I would be in the wrong position to try and involve myself, we'll talk tomorrow.

I jogged up to my room, knowing full well my dad was asleep but oh well.

Tonight was amazing and I absolutely love hanging out Liam. I really could see him as a potential boyfriend someday.

"Hey babe, I just wanted to text you goodnight, sweet dreams."

"Okay, sweet dreams."

It's little things like those goodnight and good morning texts that make my stomach flutter.

I see a future with this boy, I have feelings for him, I know it, but how exactly do I face them to myself?