Chapter 4 - This is so sudden

I attempt to walk by myself up to the band room, but I'm soon joined by Liam.

"Oh, hey Liam"

"Uh I hate band practice!"

"Me too. Aren't you going to walk with Dan?"

"I was but I saw you walking by yourself and I thought you might want some company, or someone to catch you when you fall."

I laugh, the chance of me falling is very great, I am very clumsy.

"Ha, who says I'd fall?"

"Just saying, it could happen, and someone will need to help you, and that person will be me, nobody else."

"Ha alright well thanks."

By the time we've climbed the steps and finished our conversation, we're already in the band room, putting our instruments away. I soon text my mother, telling her practice is over and Liam does the same.

"I'm dreading the fact that I have to go home." I say in an annoyed tone. "Too much bad shit."

"Same here. I'm just sad I have to be away from you. I like talking to you."

"But we always talk to each other, like messaging and shit."

"It's not the same, I'd rather just be with you, hanging out." He quickly retaliates.

"That's true. Well maybe we'll have to hang out soon"

A smile quickly ignites his face. His blue eyes go wide.

"I'd really like that." He finally speaks.

"Me too. Well my mom's here, I'll talk to you later, see ya."

I turn around to walk out the door but my wrist was grabbed and I am quickly spun around and almost stumble into Liam.

I give him a confused look.

"I told you I'd be here to catch you when you fall"

I quickly put my arms around his waist and he wraps his arms around me, tightly. After what feels like forever, he lets go. I give a quick smile and walk out the door.

I open the car door and see my mom sitting there with a disgusted scowl on her face. "You should've been out here waiting for me so I wouldn't have to just sit here."

"Sorry."

"But who's that boy you just hugged?"

"Liam. he's in my trumpet section, he's a sophomore." I quickly answer all the questions I know she'll be throwing at me.

"Well you moved on from Nicki pretty fast."

"Mom, he's just a friend, and we hugged so what?"

"Alright whatever."

I'm not the kind of girl to move on from boyfriend to boyfriend. Before Nicki I only dated two other guys, and those were just what I like to call, experimental relationships. Basically just a tiny, meaningless relationship to prepare you for everything involved with love in the future.

But anyway, I know that since the relationship I had with Nicki was so long that I will wait a while before I start dating again. Even though our relationship was a major waste of time, it still was over a year, that's a long time. I plan on waiting at least a few months. Maybe till like Christmas. That's a while but I highly doubt anyone will want me to date them by that time anyway so I'll be fine.

As soon as I get home I set down my trumpet and fall onto my bed. But then I hear a slight ding on my phone, a beep really.

I got a message from, of course, Liam.

Thinking about Nicki or even saying his name just puts me in such a bad mood, and receiving my daily message form Liam always makes me feel better.

"Hey :)"

"Hey" I don't even bother to put a smiley face back.

"What's up?"

"Nothing, you?"

"Just sitting here, thinking. You?"

"Same." I go to ask him what he's thinking about, but he beats me to it.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Just a bunch of shit, my mom brought up Nicki, and he's the last name I want to hear right now. I just he treated my like a piece of shit and I don't like remembering that."

"I understand. But I do know someone who likes you, who would treat you how you wanted to be treated, who really wants to be with you, more than anything."

A message saying that someone likes me is flattering, but not really what I need right now. I'm not going to date for a while.

"Do I know this person?"

"Pretty well, I guess."

"Who is it?"

I am not prepared for the name to appear on the screen,

"...me"