Chapter 27 - New Lows

***songs for this chapter***

bloodstream - ed sheeran

rainy season - hunter hayes

habits (stay high) - tove lo

---------------------

*Ellie's POV*

Black. That's all I see. I guess my surgery is finally over.

I woke up with shooting, unbearable pains everywhere, radiating from my back.

I honestly couldn't see, it's as if the room I was in had all the lights turned off. They probably weren't and I was just seeing things, or not seeing things I guess.

I looked around and tried to get a good picture of where I was at, from what I could gather, there were other beds around me, and a window in the front, I kind of saw some people, most likely my family, but I didn't want to look anymore.

There was a nurse by my side, constantly telling me to wiggle my toes, the pain was so bad doing that was difficult.

I finally did it and she checked up on a few other things, I asked if I could go back to sleep and she said yes so I laid my head down and closed my eyes, wanting to wake up not feeling so bad.

I woke up a while later, but this time it was like the movies, I was barely opening my eyes, just slightly blinking, as I was slowly opening my eyes I heard an unfamiliar female voice say, "she's waking up."

The room went silent, I knew all eyes were on me, and my thoughts were correct as I finally opened my eyes and saw everyone staring at me. Some people that came here earlier that were from my church left but everyone else was still here.

"Hi." I looked around and blinked a few times.

"Hey Ellie, how are you feeling?"

"Like shit." I didn't even care about my pastor and my relatives being here, it didn't faze them, they probably understand.

The nurse laughed, "Obviously."

I feel so disgusting, I notice that I'm under the covers in a hospital bed, covering everything, but I'm not wearing a hospital gown, so my collarbones and up are being exposed.

"Why am I naked?" My mom laughed, I don't know why though.

"You're not, it's covering you up."

"Oh."

Every so often I can hear her ringtone in the background, it's for Josh, he has his own specific ringtone that I've grown to hate since I hear it practically every 5 minutes. She would just turn her phone to vibrate.

This pain is so much worse than I expected it to be, I just want to vomit, which I'm about to do. My mom quickly picks up a bucket while I throw up. I don't know what I'd be throwing up though. I haven't ate in so long, but I didn't care.

My mind, my head, my everything was just one big bleh.

"Hey El." Jen came closer to me, her eyes plain.

"Hey." I tried to smile.

"I got you something." She smiled at me, showing me a pillow that had a collage of my favorite artist, Ed Sheeran.

I smiled as wide as I could, I'm not even thinking, "You suck Jen."

She laughs, knowing I don't mean that. I love this pillow so much.

After while everyone leaves but Jen and my parents.

"Hey Ellie, do you want to put on clothes?"

"I guess." I knew I wasn't going to be able to get up by myself so I grabbed on to my parents' arms and they gently pulled me up.

My dad stood on the other side facing the other wall and covered his eyes, I laughed, I was glad that his humor didn't leave.

My sister held on to me as my mom slid the shorts up my legs and the shirt down my torso. I can't wait to sit back down.

"The bed is kind of uncomfortable, can I test out the chair?" I see the two chairs beside my bed, they're like typical waiting room chairs but more cushion and it reclines, for the people who stay the night.

I sit down, this chair is so much more comfortable than the bed, I could even sleep in this.

I swear every 5 minutes a nurse is coming in.

I've been asked on a scale of 1-10 how's my pain. I give an 11, I'm not going to lie to her, this is unbearable.

At one point a nurse is in checking

my blood and all that.

My dad went to get food at the cafeteria, my sister sitting beside me.

I heard my mom's ringtone go off for like the 50th fucking time in the past 2 hours.

"Mom can your turn off your damn phone for 5 minutes?!" I don't know where that came from, but it needed to be said, it wasn't for me being in the hospital, she would've slapped me.

She gave me a mean look, "Watch your tone!"

Watch your tone? That's the best you've got? She knows I'm right, for a damn fact.

I look at my sister, she mouthed good job to me.

She's tried continuously to tell my mom Josh is a dick, but my mother sides with the men.

It's pathetic really. Whatever though, there's nothing I can do.

Boys suck.