Chapter 5 - Sweet dreams, babe

My immediate reaction to his confession is my jaw dropping to the floor, along with my phone.

This takes me a little to process, I mean I should've noticed that he felt something for me, he was making it obvious with the signs, he has been talking to me for a while now, like maybe a month, he hugged me and hung out with me a lot, but I just didn't think much of it. No one has ever really liked me, I'm pretty oblivious to this sort of stuff I guess.

I quickly pick up my phone and ask, "Me, really?"

"Yes you, I have since the first day I saw you."

"So when you described to me about that girl you liked..it was me?"

"Yes it was all you."

"But why me? What was so intriguing about me? We're pure opposites."

"Everything. I knew you from the trumpet section in middle school and I first laid my eyes on you and I thought you were so beautiful and you had this bubbly personality from the first time I had met you I knew I had to have you, I knew one day you had to mine."

"Wow I would've never guessed..."

"It's okay babe, I know you wanna wait a little while before you start dating again, I understand, but in these few months, I will do everything I can to prove to you that I am the right guy for you're worth the wait."

That message made my heart flutter. How could I have been so blind. To be honest, his offer sounds promising, I figure he would make me happy, ha makes me smile and laugh when I tolk to him, I forget about my troubles. We have been talking for a couple months now, but I still want to wait, the previous relationship I was in lasted a while, the least I can do, out of respect, is wait a little while, I didn't think anyone liked me, or would like me so setting a time oh when I would again wasn't hard at all.

"Thank you so much, for waiting, all this, I can't wait to date you."

"Really?"

"Yes"

"You're amazing El."

"Thanks, well It's late and we have that competition to go to tomorrow so remember to get up early. Good night Liam."

"Good night El. I'll save a seat for you tomorrow on the bus, sweet dreams babe."

I love when he calls me babe, but like I siad, being called pet names are still pretty strange for me, I've never had one.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, so I quickly brush my hair and get a shower before I have to get to bed, I try to fall asleep as soon as I can so we can go on that 2 hour bus drive, I'll be with Liam.