Chapter 30 - Like Old Times

*songs for this chapter*
sorry - sleeping with sirens
even robots need blankets - mayday parade
same mistakes - one direction

"You already had your surgery?" It was Liam, he looked sad.

I'm wrong, he doesn't look sad, he looks empty.

All those months of crying over him, the pain that affected my entirety, all hit me like a truck in that instant, it was too much and I felt the tears wanting to break free.

I looked straight at him, "yes I did."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Liam seemed really frustrated, good.

"I thought you'd remember, or you just didn't care." I looked away. I refused to feel bad about this, he left me.

"Of course I fucking care Ellie!" He practically yells. Wow what a great impression he's making after several months of no contact. I look around to find my friends and they obviously think leaving Liam and I alone would be a good idea.

The first bell rang and I didn't want to be late to class so I ran out the door.

Liam caught up with me and lightly grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him, "Hey Ellie, sneak to the balcony in 10 minutes. I need to talk to you."

The balcony was a room in the back of the band room that had stairs that leads up to this little attic room where the band kept old props from former field shows. Band kids go there all the time to skip class. But I didn't want to be one of them. The reason it'd be so easy to sneak there is because when the band director isn't there in the mornings, he leaves the door unlocked for us.

"What if I don't wanna talk to you? What if I don't wanna miss this class?" I tried to retaliate, but my comeback didn't work too well, he knew I hated my first period, I had gym and I didn't really care about my teacher, he was an asshole and probably didn't even realize I was gone.

Liam just gave me this stare that said, 'I know that's bullshit'

"Whatever, see you in 10." I rolled my eyes, he just nodded and kept walking.

I didn't really want to talk to him, I felt maybe I was getting over him, yeah it hurt to look at him this morning but I love him of course that'll happen, but I thought maybe I could start going through a healthy recovery process, I really thought I could do this, but whatever this talk is about, I know it'll mess up this whole thing and just start a cycle of tears and love and heartache.

I walked into my gym class, I only had one friend in there and she wasn't even fucking here today. Everyone else in this class are stuck up, spoiled assholes and I'm considering leaving right now.

Zayn approaches me, he was also in this gym class, and although I used to try to avoid him to the best of my abilities, I think I'll try to make some conversation.

"Hey Ellie. I'm so glad to see your back, this class is boring without you."

"Well I could tell it really missed my company." I chuckled.

"I might just skip." Zayn blurts out.

"Where to?"

"The wrestling room." I forgot, Zayn is a wrestler and has access to go there whenever he wants. The wrestling room is literally right below the gym, you just have to sneak past the gym teacher, which isn't hard, he mainly stays in his office and listens to country music.

If I could go through the wrestling room it could make my escape attempt easier and not so noticeable, because the band room is right across from it, but the front door is on the other side so I had to go up some stairs and walk to the door.