Chapter 7 - A Different Place

The bus trip was too quick, I noticed the bus I had started to slow down and pull into a random parking spot outside of a high school that I had never seen before.

The chaperones told us that we had an hour to walk around and eat and then we had to report to the trailer to put on our uniforms.

I walked off the bus with Jane and Daisy and some other friends. We were all deciding on what we wanted. I didn't really want anything, I wasn't really hungry.

"Ellie!" "Hey El!"

I heard my name being yelled so I turned around and saw Liam about 10 feet away. He waved his hand at me, signaling me to wait for him. When he stopped and was about 2 feet away from me, he asked, "Hey do you want to go get some food with Dan and I?"

I looked back at my friends who were grinning and telling me to go, I smiled back and mouthed, "thank you!"

The three of us started walking to the concession stand, they got nachos and I just got a water bottle.

"Why didn't you get anything?" Liam asked me.

"I'm not that hungry." I said flashing a slight grin. Recently I've lost my appetite.

I haven't been eating that much lately. I guess my insecurities have been getting the best of me and reminding me I shouldn't eat as much or at all. Sometimes I listen to it, sometimes I don't.

He gave me a nacho with cheese on it anyway. "Well you need to eat, we got a long night ahead of us."

I nodded, I still wasn't going to get anything, the line is too long as it is.

I followed them wherever they went. After they went to the trash to the throw away the plastic trays, I noticed them going behind the school, Liam grabbed my hand. I squeezed his hand and stopped walking..

"Where are we going?"

"Behind the school. Dan wanted a smoke."

"Oh are you going to smoke with him?"

"Probably."

"Oh." Is all I could get out of my system, then I started walking again. All I can think is, if we start dating, that cigarettes will have to go. Smoking is a disgusting habit.

He slipped his arm around me and began tickling me again until I laughed. Then we saw Dan smoking what doesn't even look like a cigarette, more of a, a white stick?

"That's not a cigarette?" I questioned. It didn't smell like one either.

"Of course not, have you ever seen weed before?" Dan looked at me like I was stupid.

"No. I guess not." I watched as Dan handed Liam the weed and he took a puff. I held my breath, not wanting to inhale whatever that was.

After a few minutes passed, we were coming out from behind the high school, Dan had brought cologne and sprayed it on us to get rid of any suspicion.

Liam was all over me, he was all cuddly and hugging me and holding my hand and telling me how pretty I was. I was flattered, but at the same time, I figured it was because of his high.

I mean if he wants to smoke pot he can. I just don't want it to affect his life, at least it's not cigarettes.

"Why are you being so cuddly?"

"It happens babe. See, once you get to know me, I'm just one big teddy bear." He giggles, I got to admit, this was pretty cute. I can't help but smile.

I felt a little giggly myself, but I don't think I inhaled that much of the weed, I held my breath as much as I could.

Soon we headed back to the trailer and I noticed how quickly Dan and Liam faked a sober act.

I quickly got out my instrument and put on my uniform, but I had to find my cleaning brush for my trumpet, so I was the only one on the trailer.

A few seconds later I felt a pair of arms wrap around me from behind. I jumped in surprise, that scared the living shit out of me. I screamed slightly. But not enough to attract any attention I guess. I was always one to get startled easily, my constant flinching was a real problem.

"Woah, what's wrong babe?"

"Nothing, you just scared me." I said, not looking at him once as I walked out the trailer.

"Hey I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you, okay?"

"Okay" I giggled as he tickled me. I swatted at his arm to get him to stop but he didn't stop until we heard the band director yell.

He began to yell about how we'll do great and good luck.

We went behind a gate and stood there until we started walking onto the field, getting into our regular positions. I was immediately intimidated and struck with fear. and the urge to pee.