▷ 2 ◁

Beacon Hills, August 2013

Reese's POV

   The voice was becoming louder.

   When I told my father he just pushed it aside, saying it would leave somehow.

   Not wanting to push him on edge I just nodded and went back in my room. But it was here, and always have been. Just this time, it seemed to get louder, even sharper.

   There also was the black feathers resting near my window, which was clearly a sign of... well, i don't really know but it's a sign. That's for sure!

   But there also is the nightmare I did last night. It was becoming a recurent thing these days. Every time i woke up, i would find myself screaming. Not like a banshee-like scream but like I had to do it to wake myself. As if one of the many voices in my head shouted,

   Wake up. It's just a nightmare.

   And then I wake up screaming, only to remember some parts of the dream. But just fragments of it.

   Letting that on the side, I took my time to settle in our new/old house. Dad had luckily found our old house back when we were living there.

   As I took a glance around the neighbourhood I recognised a certain blue jeep resting on the pavement. The same as last night. Stiles's.

With the events of last night, I had no ride to get to school.

   With my father already being at work and Lydia riding in Allison's two places car, I didn't have any other choice than knock on Stiles' door and ask a ride.

   I quickly made my way into the front of Stiles' house. I approached his door, and just as I was about to knock, the door creaked open revealing the one and only Stiles.

"Oh, um. Hi?" I sais, sensing my cheeks burn a deep shade of red. "Hi, I'm Ree-"

He smiled and interrupted, "I know who you are." My eyes widened a bit. How? "I'm not a stalker or anything don't worry." He quickly stated and without anymore words he extended his hand, waiting for me to take it. "I'm Stiles."

I smiled as I repeated his name softly.

The two of us stayed like this for a good five minutes, just staring and smiling at each other.

Suddenly I remembered why I was here for. Someone to take me to school.

Without giving me anytime to say something he said, "Why were you going to knock?"

"Well, I- um... I need a ride to school." I looked down at my feet. "And I was wondering if you could drive me since you have this beautiful engine." I turned to show his baby blue jeep.