▷ 17 ◁

Beacon Hills, December 2013

   "Reese, what are you doing?" Stiles asked worriedly.

   "Healing him." Reese said as if it was obvious.

"Reese, stop! It's going to kill you." Lydia sobbed, watching her best friend healing her boyfriend.

"I don't care." She simply muttered softly as a rush of pain went through her whole body, making her letting a yelp.

"Reese, stop!" Stiles yelled over and over again but she wouldn't, she couldn't let Aiden died because of her. Lydia cared about him, Ethan cared about him. And even if Scott wouldn't admit, he cared about him too. So she had to do this. For them. "Reese, please."

After they tried to separate the two, it did nothing but insit her to do more. She would die if it was necessary. If he died, she would live with the guilt in her stomach forever.

Her eyes felt more and more heavy. And her body growing weaker by the minute. And when she tried to stand up she almost fell instantly, Stiles had to move fast to catch her.

Some blood was dripping down from her nose and the corner of her mouth.

"You use too much energy." Stiles realised. "You just need to rest." He assured but Scott who was behind them could sense the death. And Aiden was fine, Reese not.

The Valraven shook her head, slightly sobbing. "No, Stiles. You know it." She smiled sadly.

The boy began to shook his head and cried. "No, Reese. Please. Why? Why did you do this? It was stupid." He began to cry even more.

   "I di-did it, because s-saving p-people you lo-love isn't stu-stupid. It's n-not even a choice, it-it's an ins-instinct." She put her weak hand in his cheek. "It's okay."

   "No. It's not. It's not okay, Reese!" He sobbed, holding her tightly as she struggled to breath.

   He couldn't believe this was the last time he was holding her in his arm.

   "You aren't supposed..."

   Instead of answering, she smiled weakly as more blood came out of her nose.

   "Things happen."

   Although his body was weak for the nogitsune's possession, he composed himself to keep her in his arm as if she wasn't dying. Watching his other half dying wasn't happy at all. He vowed to himself that he'll protect her at any cost but he failed, he failed her.

   She looked into his honey eyes as tears made their way into her own, "I-I love y-you." She whispered softly.

   Stiles smiled as the tears flew down on his entire face. "I love you." He repeated, caressing her cheek with his thumb lovingly. "I love you so much. I- I'm sorry. I didn't keep my promise."

   "Hey, l-look at me." She whimpered. "It's okay, you'll be fine, okay? It's gonna be okay."

   "Please." He pleaded. "You aren't supposed to leave, please." He sobbed while tightened his grip on her, afraid to let go.

   She breathed out, whimpering as a rush of pain sudmerged her. A silent fell between the two, one admiring the other and the other trying to breath correctly. "Th-thank you, Stiles. Than-thank you. I love you."

   "Please, stop." Stiles cried even more. "You sound like you're saying goodbye."

   "I hate 'goodbye's'" she tried to chuckle but end up with even more blood on her lips.

   "I know." He said as he slowly leaned in and kiss her bloody lips softly. He noticed her struggling to keep her eyes open, then he realised it was time. She had to go. "Go to sleep, babe."

   "B-but-" she began but was cut off by her boyfriend.

   "It's gonna be okay. Go to sleep." He assured, still crying hard as if nobody was around them. "Goodnight, Reese."

   Before she could respond, her breath stopped. Her eyes closing slowly as everybody who was watching, sobbed at the same time her  whole body became numb, lifeless.

   "Reese?" Stiles called, but deep inside he knew he wouldn't have any answer but he still tried, again and again until Scott grabbed him and got him up. "You can't leave me." He said before whispering,

"You promised."

   That's how Scott's pack left the school, with the lost of two best friends, two soulmates. Both of them had died Without Warning.

?'s POV

People often say that a smile could fix any problem. But I don't think so. Certain things aren't made to be solve in a smile. Well, I wish it would but it's not the case. You have to struggle with this problem, with the guilt, with this death on your shoulders...

And I'm sorry it had fallen on you, Stiles. It wasn't my goal at all. I came in Beacon Hills, crying when everyone was smiling. Now? Well, now I'm smiling for up and you crying. You have to know that I feel really bad about it.

I wasn't the perfect girl you met in high school, fell in love with and then do high studies and have a family. I'm just me. And for once in my life, I'm proud of it. I died for something meaningful. I healed a person who was linked to my best friend. I knew I had to die earlier than you. And it was just the perfect occasion to do it, to save a life. I'm sorry you have to live with this guilt but just don't blame yourself, okay? It's not your fault... at all. Don't cry because you lost, smile because it happened It was what my mother told me one or two days before she died.

Just remember that it's not a goodbye ! It's a goodnight, which mean it's not forever, it's not the end. It's simply a 'i miss you' or 'I'll see you soon'. Because we'll meet again, I'm sure. We're soulmate after all, aren't we?

Don't be afraid for me, I'm not afraid of dying - well was - I was more afraid of losing you, so even if I'm not here anymore, take care of yourself, okay? Don't think too much about me, make you a new life, don't stop yourself. Have a future with a wife and children, don't think about me, I want you to be happy. Live and die happily. ( if you can, call one of your cute baby Reese, please. That would be so great.)

Anyway, you know, maybe we were soulmates in the wrong time, wrong world. Maybe when the time is right, we will find each other back again. Like in another life you know, like in the book I read once. I told you about. I don't remember the name, ugh stupid mind.

Anyway, until then, I will look for you in every lifetime until we meet again soulmate.

Reese

Extern's POV

They could have meet again in another life, as much in love as before.

But this is reality.

And not all fairytales have a happy end. But that doesn't mean it isn't worth telling.

Because life could make change at any moments.

All could happen

Without Warning.