▷ 7 ◁

Beacon Hills, November 2013

   Reese walked though the hall, her hands were shaky and sweaty. Stiles, beside her, was in the same state. The Valdove could sense that she was anxious and tired.

Lately, the dark bags under her eyes were more visible. And the lack of sleep, or rather that was what he thought, cause her to stutter a lot more than usual. But what Reese didn't tell him was that she was getting worse. Now, she had memory trouble, not too big though, she had more and more difficulty to speak normally without stuttering or anything. She didn't want to tell him to not worry him but she knew that Stiles sensed something off about her.

   Anyway, after what they found out in the classroom, they were going to tell Scott about it.

   When they found him, they dragged him to the chemistry class were the numbers were written, well supposed to.

   "So then I-I start talking a-about phosphors and the keys ha-having chemicals on it, right?" Reese said as they all walked in the room. Scott gave her a look, questioning why she stutter this way.

    Stiles nodded and left his bag fall on the ground. "So that made me think of the chemistry closet and the fact that someone had to let Barrow in-" he cut himself when he saw that the numbers were gone.

   "They w-were here." Reese mumbled between her teeth as Scott looked at the two.

   "It's gone." Stiles muttered after Reese. "Okay, it doesn't matter though." He grabbed his key ring. "It doesn't matter, I still got the keys."

   The two walked near the door but when Stiles searched for his key, he didn't find it.

   The hyperactive boy looked up at Reese. "It doesn't matter. I-I have mine." She put out her key ring and search for it but didn't find anything. "What the hell?" She started to panic and moved her key to find it. "I-I had it." She whispered and looked up. "I had it here. S-Stiles gave me mine back. I swear to God, I-I had it this morning."

   "The key you were talking about last night?" Scott asked as he remembered the conversation Stiles and him had the night of the party.

   They continued their conversation but Reese didn't pay attention as her eyes were locked with the bandage face, standing a bit far away from them in the room. Tears started to pool her eyes until Stiles moved toward the blackboard, taking her with.

   "We were here a couple of hours ago. And the message left to Barrow spelling Kira's name was right there on the board in my handwriting." Stiles explained as Reese stopped in the middle, not wanting to go any closer to the bandage face. Stiles turned around after feeling her stop, he gave her a confused look but the girl just shook her head with a fake smile on her face. He continued, "Reese had the key to the chemistry closer and so was I."

   "So, you unlocked the chemistry closet so Barrow could hide in it from the cops," Scott  said facing Reese who nodded, he was trying to clear the things. Then, he faced Stiles and continued, "and then, you wrote him a message to kill Kira?"