FOUR

"You know..... if you show emotions, you might not scare people away" I paused, my fist an inch away from hitting the boxing bag. Ragged breaths left me as my chest heaved from the exhaustion of my body. I shifted my gaze from the boxing bag to the clock on my right side of the wall.

7:00 am.

I have been working out since 4:oo am because I couldn't sleep. They will always haunt me, their voices, and the nightmares. 

I stood up straight to look at Aiden with a blank face.

His light blue eyes shifted to the clock before looking at me with amusement, "All the packs we have trained are scared of you, including their alphas."

I ignored him, removing the boxing gloves from my fists. I stepped away from the boxing bag and walked to the bench where my bottled water was.

He followed and sat down with me, looking at me with worry, "Carmen, did you have another nightmare?".

I looked at Aiden.

He looked me in the eye, " Is it them?''

I answered, "Yes."

He knows how to read me, him, and my adoptive father.

He sighed like he expected it, " You know there is therapy in the pack, but you won't go, and I can't force you. Dad can't force you, either."

I stood up to stretch my muscles, bending backward to extend my abs and forward to stretch my back, "I told you I don't need it."

"There it is, that monotone voice! That monotone voice is the reason why you don't have friends. packs are scared of you." Aiden exclaimed.

I straightened my body and replied, "I don't need friends or anyone to like me. I have you, dad, and Scarlett."

It has been five years since I left Rosemoon pack.

Five years since I freed myself from the abuse and torture,

Five years since he rejected me,

Five years since my scared wolf, Artemis, and I became one, Five years since the Millers found me passed out in the forest, Five years since I joined their family,

Three years since I became the best pack warrior and trainer in the werewolf society and earned myself a nickname,

'The SANGUINEX,' a Latin name for bloodlust, blood, and bloodthirsty,

And Two years since the supernatural world knows about me.

Since I became a sacred being thanks to Artemis, I learned the advantages and disadvantages of my power.

Werewolves have great speed, strength, and eyesight.

But an abnormal existence like myself has more than that.

Aiden has tried to make me less anti-social and less scary. In the werewolf society, my name is known for blood, anger, and fear. People are terrified of me. No one has seen my wolf form except for the goldmoon pack because I don't shift. I fight in my host form. My speed, strength, and eyesight are wolf genes without Artemis' powers.

My nickname reputes in fighting rogues viciously without the use of my beast.

The Millers family trained me to get here today.

My adoptive father, Elder Hunter Millers with Aiden, found me passed out at the border of the Goldmoon pack.