FOURTY

The Alphas and their Lunas left the Lycan kingdom and went to their various werewolf's packs with the promise of delivering ten warriors each.

'If Alphas are returning, then I won't see Derek for good,' I thought, remembering his absence at the banquet.

'At least what happened to him will make the rosemoon pack, including my ex-family, leave me alone for good.' I added to my thought.

After seeing Conrad, I returned to the party and saw my parents surrounded by many people. I didn't bother to go there and stayed in a corner watching so many people at the banquet.

Speaking of the banquet, A particular woman I saw that has no scent paled at the sight of me. She was the same woman I saw after the Argos incident.

Two women had no scent, and the other one who noticed me smiled and walked toward me.

''So, it's you,'' She said, smiling.

I looked at her, confused at what she said.

''We will talk in your mate's office,'' She left after speaking to me.

I didn't understand what she said, but it seemed Conrad had an idea of who she was.

And now I am here, facing the two women who had reactions towards me. One pales at her sight of me, and the other one smiles at me.

Conrad is seated on his chair behind the sandalwood table, introducing the women to me in the room.

''Carmen, This is Rose and Amelia, witches.''

'Witches,' The word echoed in my head. No wonder they didn't have scents, Witches are the creatures closest to a species called humans, but most of them erase their scents with their magic.

''I have been wanting to meet you,'' Rose said. The woman reacted to me with a smile, unlike the second one Amelia who shook in fear at the mere sight of me.

Presently she is doing it now.

She noticed my sight on her partner, who flinched at my attention on her and sighed.

''Please forgive her behavior. She is special in sensing what other witches can't,'' she smiled apologetically.

I nodded, not understanding how that involved me.

''So we came here under the orders of our high priestess and our oracle,'' she said.

I snapped my eyes to her at the mention of the oracle.

She smiled at my reaction.

''Let me introduce myself fully.'' She placed her hand on her chest.

''I am a witch second in command in the coven,'' She gestured her hand to her partner, Amelia. ''She is our third in command.''

''Our oracle got a message from the messenger of the witch goddess to help you find the vampires.'' She said, placing her hand down on her lap.

''We knew about Typhon since one of ours went to him voluntarily,'' She said.

'Voluntarily,' I thought.

''What do you mean by voluntarily?'' Conrad asked the question in my thoughts.

She sighed, ''We don't know what happened, but she left the coven to go after Typhon. Then we didn't know about his existence until she left.''

''what do you mean by 'then'?'' I asked.

'It seems they knew him long ago.' I thought as I stared at her.

She did not speak and stared at me.

''You need to say everything you know if you want to work together with us,'' I said, returning her stare.