THIRTY

After asking him a question, amusement flashed in his eyes before he chuckled.

He stood up from his seat before walking to me and stood beside the chair, leaning toward me.

I looked upwards, and he looked downwards.

Our faces were close to each other breathing each other's scent.

If I move forward, our lips will touch.

His peppermint with a mix of musk scents invaded my senses. And all I could smell was him.

His mesmerizing grey eyes stared into mine, and my violet eyes stared into his.

The two of us were in our world, ignoring everything happening.

I could feel his breath on my nose.

''My beast needs you.'' He said, breathing out.

I didn't answer and stared at him with his face close to mine.

''What is going on between you and your vice-commander?''

That question seemed to break the trance between us.

I blinked my eyes before staring at him, seeing him asking the question seriously.

I widened the distance between our faces and asked a question to answer him, ''What is going on between you and lady Macquoid?"

He stood upright and looked at me below him with amusing eyes, ''You never back down, do you?"

I stared at him without answering.

He sat beside me and pushed the chair that Aiden sat on close the distance between us.

He answered, ''There is nothing between us.''

''Same here, and I am sure you know that we are siblings,'' I answered.

''But you are an adopted sister, and why did he enter your room?'' My mate asked.

I looked at him in confusion before remembering the last two weeks that Aiden came to my room, and I felt someone watching but couldn't find the person.

'so it was him,' I thought.

''I thought you didn't care about me?'' I asked him

''I don't, but my beast does.'' He answered impassively.

I pushed down the disappointment I felt in my heart before I answered, ''I see.''

''Well, your majesty, what do you need me for?" I asked, trying to leave here.

''How are you enjoying your stay here?'' My mate said.

I looked puzzled why he asked me that, but I answered anyway, "It is good.''

''Your brother told me about your routine when your parents came to request the meetings since you came here and that you have not left the castle,'' My mate explained when he saw why I was puzzled with the question he asked.

''Anyway, I will tell the head maid to take you hopefully around the kingdom, and you won't be bored,'' He said.

I nodded.

'That sounds like Aiden,' I thought.

'It seems I would have to attend the invitations to stop his nagging and telling my mate,' I added to my thoughts.

My mate kept staring at me with blank eyes in silence.

I coughed to hide my flushed face and turned to him, ''Is that all, your majesty?"