THIRTY-TWO

After what happened, the weeks flew by.

My mate and I went back to our normal indifferences and, ignoring each other like what happened between us seemed nothing.

I shoved down the dismay in my heart and tried to act normal, although I was the one who pushed him away.

I followed my routine of training, eating, and sleeping. But there is a bakery called 'cakey bakey,' that Sarah suggested to me and the cakes they sell are mouthwatering.

I always walk out in the evening and stop by to eat cakes or try their drinks. At least the treats will take my mind off my mate and the situation with Typhon.

My mate had meetings with Alphas, but I was not present since I am not one. Hunter said I could join them, but I didn't want to be in the same space as him after what happened, and Derek was also present.

My mate will find out about him, and I can't tell what will happen if Derek starts spouting nonsense.

After the banquet when I half-shifted and the rumors about me being the mate of the Lycan King, Derek came with my ex-brother, and they had been trying to talk to me, but I always ignored them, or Aiden warned or threatened them to leave me alone.

Another thing that happened was tea party invitations.

Even though I don't make an appearance at one, my appointed maid is always giving tons of invitations.

It seems that count Hilton told his daughter about me accepting her invitation to her party because she sent another invitation a few days ago.

I looked at the glassine and clear vellum envelope and sighed at the fact that I had to attend to see other arrogant women like Brittney and engage in 'killing people with words' conversation.

I dressed in my normal casual wear, not caring about the opinions that people would have of me, although at the banquet, I made the mistake of dressing like this since the king was present and my parents put in the effort.

'I won't repeat that,' I grimaced at my thought.

But this is a tea party, and the king will not be present, also adding that I came with the werewolves, so I am free to dress casually.

I brushed my hair after wearing my jacket, looked in the mirror to see if anything was out of place, and left the room.

I closed the door and went to the castle's entrance to see Sarah waiting for me. Yesterday, I told her about the tea party with the invitation in my hand and asked how I would get there since this was my first attendance at a tea party in count Hilton's place.

She told me the king knew about the invitation and instructed her to help.

'He has eyes and ears in the palace,' I thought, remembering that my mate seems to know everything happening to me in his kingdom.

So I am taking the vehicle with the same driver from the tour with Sarah to count Hilton's place.

The driver drove into the opened gigantic gate trailing behind other vehicles and parked in the parking lot.

I got down from the vehicle and noticed the attention it received.

I didn't think much about it and followed the maid who came to receive me.

I ignored the shock in her eyes and followed her to the tea party.

The moment I entered, the rowdy party became quiet.

I walked to the seat, gestured with the maid's hand, and sat down.

I ignored the stares and glances and settled with a glass of wine.

''Miss Carmen, thank you for coming to my party,'' A voice broke my thoughts.

I looked to see a pretty woman dressed in blue light, flowy dress with different shades of blue paired with wrist-length gloves.

''I am Lily Hilton, and thank you for coming to my tea party,'' She said with a smile elegantly.

I dropped the glass of wine on the table, nodded, and said, ''Thank you for inviting me.''

Surprise flashed in her eyes, and she smiled, ''I didn't expect you to answer me since the rumors about you say you are very unapproachable,''

''Anyway, thank you for coming, then excuse me,'' She smiled at me before leaving to greet the other guests.

I stared, seeing her smiling elegantly, surrounded by people.

I turned away and settled on my seat, looking at the ladies with their fake smiles.

'This is why I didn't want to come.' I thought while looking at lily sitting at the front of the decorated table with some ladies and other decorated tables with friends in a group.

I noticed that no one came to the table I was sitting.

'They did it on purpose.' I thought as I stared at some ladies who avoided eye contact eye with me.

'Well, it's either they don't like me, or the rumors are bad that they don't want to associate or someone instructed to,' I added to my thought while swirling the wine in the glass cup.

'Well, since I am under my mate's radar, he won't allow my reputation to be frightening or bad since I am a guest and who he needs for Typhon's situation. Also, I don't know anyone here, and my behavior at the banquet should have said a lot of things, then that leaves the last thought, someone ordered them to isolate me, and I could guess a name without thinking thorough,' I thought.

'Brittney.'

I dropped the cup on the table and sighed in my heart about my trouble-attracting fate.

'Even without her here, she still makes trouble for me,' I thought with annoyance.

I stood up without second thought and wanted to leave immediately in case she left trouble for me with her minions.

My action attracted several people's attention and the organizer of the tea party.

I waited for lily at my table, and she came with a worried expression, ''Is there anything wrong, miss carmen?

''No, I thought I could leave here quickly to avoid causing trouble,'' I answered.

Something flickered in her eyes, and her expression darkened, ''Oh.''

She smiled apologetically, ''Then forgive me, I didn't expect this number of guests to come, and I wanted to hear your stories, but it seems that will be next time, I hope?"

I nodded, ''Thank you for the invitation, and I will come for the wine again,''

She smiled and nodded.

A maid nearby came with the gesture of her hand and led me outside.

And I left.

Another chapter.

Enjoy!