TWENTY-TWO

"I didn't expect Selene would choose you," That is what I heard the moment I stepped into the house with Hunter seeing Aiden and Scarlett in the living room.

"what do you mean by that?" I asked. If I am correct, she mentioned that moment she met me at the Border.

Hunter and I sat on the sofa facing, Selena seated on another couch, while Aiden and Scarlett stayed on the single couches.

"I am sure you heard of my visit to the rosemoon pack. Honestly, Selene ordered me to do it," Selena said.

"What?" Scarlett exclaimed.

I widened my eyes in surprise.

'The moon goddess,' I thought.

"Yes, she ordered me to do it. I had a vision of the Sacred beast coming to the lands. She told me to go to that pack and say those words of blessings," Selena said.

"So you lied," I asked.

'She lied about the whole blessing thing, right?' I thought

"No, I didn't lie, and That was true," She answered.

"Your bloodline was blessed, but I didn't see the connection to Artemis then," She added.

"When I told them, I knew they would not listen to me and try to find the blessed one. After many years of dealing with people, how could I not know snakes when I see one?" She sneered.

"I watched your pack till your shifting age, and I understood what Selene wanted to do," She said.

"You had a connection with Artemis when you were born, but sometimes to get the power of what you want, you have to suffer for it," She continued.

"So the moon goddess wanted Carmen to suffer to get her beast even if it was hers from the beginning," Scarlett exclaimed.

"Yes, and No," Selena said, looking at her.

"Do you know Typhon had escaped from the gods for a long time, probably before the creation of Artemis?" She questioned.

"So he is a banished god," I said.

"Yes, he was. But what crime he committed, I do not know. Selene did not tell me, but to prepare for the future, she had no choice but to do some things." Selena said.

"Typhon, to her, is like a demon. For someone to defeat him, she had to be sure of the person," Selena looked at me.

"She is sorry you had to suffer for her problems, but she didn't have a choice. She knew that Typhon would be after you and make use of your family in any way to get you, so she had to do this," Selena said.

'Even if the moon goddess had to do this, it does not change the fact they had greedy thoughts and put so many lives in danger.' I thought.

"That person is me?" I asked, changing the topic of my family to another one.

"Yes, and your mate,"

"My mate?" I was surprised to hear of him in this conversation.

"Yes, your mate, after you meet him, can you change into your second beast, a lycan," Selena said.

"A lycan," I mumbled surprisingly.

"That's why he sent his messenger to you, for you to change to his creature,"

'The lycan god,' I thought.

''Did you know of this?'' I asked Artemis in my head.

'No, but he won't do anything without reason,' She said.