SIXTEEN

The prison for rogues in the Rosemoon pack is the same as the one from my memory; a cold and dark room where iron bars cages covering the silver cells in two lines facing each other. I wrinkled my nose at the same smell I smelt that day; blood and sweat mixed.

Two bloodied rogues sitting with silver handcuffs on their hands and knees in the silver cells stared at me silently.

Their human-colored eyes have shades of black in them, but when the leader took over one of them, his eyes turned pure black which has never happened to any rogue. Either he is a powerful one, or he is not a rogue.

I leaned against the wall with Aiden beside me, staring at the rogues together.

I crossed my arms on my chest as I interrogated them. "Who is your leader?"

They stared at me impassively.

"Why did you come here?"

Silence.

"what are you looking for?"

Silence.

"Who is the traitor in the Rosemoon pack?"

Silence.

They didn't talk no matter how many questions I asked them.

I gestured to Aiden with my hand to drag the one that was possessed by his leader out. "Aiden"

The rogue positioned to kneel before me with handcuffed hands and legs, all with a blank expression.

I looked down at him, bending my knee to get to his level and putting my right hand on his right shoulder.

"What are you looking for?"

He winced at the sudden contact of my hand on his shoulder before covering his expression.

We stared at each other's eyes before I felt warm liquid on my right hand on his shoulder. He looked at the blood on my hand, and I followed his gaze to see my extended claws pierced into his shoulder.

"I am not a patient person, rogue," I said before turning my gaze to him.

The rogue who had been impassive smiled at me mockingly, "You have so much power in you, yet you are so clueless at the identity of the person who is after you, SANGUINEX."

'He smiled like that on the battlefield too,' I thought, remembering when he kept smiling at me before he was possessed.

I stood up from kneeling before looking down at him. "You admitted your leader is after me, isn't that right, rogue?"

He kept on smiling at me without saying anything.

I turned to Aiden, beside me, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. "Aiden, make him sleep and bring the other one," I commanded.

Aiden knocked him out on his neck and tossed him into the silver cell before bringing the other one to my front.

I stared at this one in the eye and noticed something. Fear, the emotion, came quickly and vanished before anyone could see it, but that does not include me.

I grew up fearing someone and being someone that people tend to be afraid of, so I know when someone fears me instinctively.

He is not like the first rogue that kept looking at me with cunning eyes. 'He might not know something like the first, but he should know the name of his leader and the traitor or traitors in the rosemoon pack,' I thought, staring at him.

"Don't be like the first one who will suffer more while interrogated in the goldmoon pack," I looked down with impassive eyes.

I continued, "You should be happy that you are here, not my pack filled with Elders and warriors, who will use any means to get answers from you rogue."