FOURTY-FOUR (Witches)

Rose heavily panted as she cast a spell to protect herself and Amelia from the creatures.

''εμπόδιο,'' She said as the strays and Vampires bounced back from the barrier and landed on the floor.

''αμπέλια,'' Amelia, who hid behind her cast, an attacking spell.

Vines from underneath the ground pierced the creatures. The vines pierce some through the heart, and some dodge the vines.

This attack continued until rose could feel her magic decreasing.

'Damn it,' She thought, getting flustered.

She also noticed Dimitra not doing anything but smiling.

'She is not fighting us or protecting the strays and the rogues,' Rose thought, chanting a spell.

''That should be your limit, my dear successor,'' Dimitra said mockingly.

''καταστρέφω'' Dimitra waved her hand, chanting an attack spell, and blew the barrier Rose setup to protect herself and Amelia.

Rose and Amelia flew backward because of the impact that Dimitra's magic destroyed the barrier.

They landed on the ground, spitting out blood and letting out a painful groan.

Dimitra smiled evilly at the scene in front and walked gracefully forward.

Rose struggled to sit up, wiping the blood from her mouth and staring at the black-dressed witch.

'Why did this happen to us?' She thought.

Dimitra was her predecessor, second in position to the high priestess. She was her closest friend in the coven until that day she asked a question.

That day changed their relationship and also shifted rose to her younger sister.

Amelia had a large amount of magic, so it wouldn't be a surprise if the high priestess of the coven was very interested in her and had great expectations.

Rose remembered many were jealous of amelia, but one person was very jealous and took her jealousy to another level. Eventually, Her jealousy turned into hatred, hating her own family, her sister.

That was Dimitra.

'I should have noticed,' Rose thought, standing up with shaky legs as Dimitra was close to them.

Rose glanced at Amelia, who struggled to stand, and thought, 'I should use what I have left.'

Rose gathered the remaining magic in her body and chanted a disappearing spell for herself and Amelia.

''Do you remember the question I asked you, rose?'' Dimitra said as they were disappearing.

''Don't worry, I will find you soon.'' Her voice echoed as they disappeared.

The spell took them to a part of the vampire territory with burnt buildings.

It was a burnt area.

Rose looked around to find a sign of Dimitra before staring at amelia behind her and seeing that she was not reacting. It was safe to say that Dimitra had not found them yet.

Amelia chanted the barrier spell to protect them from any creatures of the enemy, and Rose collapsed to the ground.

'Do you remember the question I asked you, rose?' Her voice rang in rose's head.

Of course, she remembers, and they were many questions she asked, but one drove her away from Dimitra.

' Why is everyone liking her? all she has, is a great amount of magic.'