FOURTY-ONE

I punched the boxing bag, then kicked and continued to hit the boxing bag.

'Drimos forest,' I thought.

An unknown forest that doesn't exist on the map of the supernatural world at the same it does. It hides under the name of an isolated forest, Dadia forest.

Rose said witches can sense the tiniest of magic in the atmosphere, and 'Vampires are reclusive creatures meaning the area they stay in has no magic since they don't want to associate with other creatures, including witches,'

Dadia is an isolated forest unknown to people but exists on the supernatural world map. Drimos hides under the Dadia forest. The forest exists and also does not exist.

'I don't know if I should be happy that we found the vampires, or we will be going to an isolated forest looking for another forest in it.' I thought as I punched the frustration out of my body.

Typhon, vampires, and everything frustrating me, I punched the boxing bag harder.

''I hope that's not my face you are imagining to punch,'' I heard Conrad's voice behind me.

I panted and turned to see Conrad with his arms crossed over his exposed chest from the two opened buttons leaning against the wall.

I forced my eyes to turn to another place that did not include him, 'or his body,' I added in my mind.

I removed the gloves and dropped them on the bench before unscrewing the bottled water cap to drink.

I exhaled before wiping the dripping water from my mouth with my arm.

''What are you doing here?'' I asked Conrad placing the bottle on the bench.

''I came to check on my mate because Harrison told me you were fighting without a break again,'' Conrad straightened up and walked toward me.

Although his face was blank, I could see the worry in his eyes.

He stared before asking me, ''Why do you train so much?"

I was stunned at the question he asked.

'Why do I train so much?' The question echoed in my mind.

'A promise, I made a promise,' I thought, remembering my past.

''To not be weak,'' I finished the sentence aloud.

''But you are not weak,'' Conrad said.

''I know, but I want to get stronger each time,'' I looked at him.

He stared at me for a while before speaking, ''Then let's fight.''

''Huh?''

''Let's fight. It seems that fighting means more to you than you said, so let's fight. Besides, you asked for a fight last time.'' Conrad said.

''Are you sure?'' I asked.

''Yes, I am.'' He said, putting distance between us.

I looked at him standing before taking a deep breath.

I got into an offensive position before charging toward him.

Conrad blocked my attack before kicking my side. I dodged the kick before punching his chest.

He used his hand to hold my hand to his chest before his leg tripped my leg.

He held my waist as I was about to fall.

We stared at each other, and I saw amusement in his eyes.

'He's playing,' I thought.

I removed my hand forcefully and pushed him before I fell backward with my hands behind me and my knee bent.