TWENTY-EIGHT

Vampires are reclusive creatures, and there are hardly any rumors about them.

'Finding them won't be easy,' I thought deeply.

''Any other thing you want to know, carmen?'' Nyctimus asked.

I stood up and answered, looking at him, "No, thank you for your time.''

I ignored my mate and left the room without looking at him.

Walking through the hallways that I memorized with Harrison leading me, ignoring everyone, I was thinking about the conversation with Nyctimus.

I got to my room and closed the door before dumping myself on the enormous bed with my face.

"Who is he?" I asked aloud.

'He is an old acquaintance. I can't believe I didn't remember him till now.' Artemis said.

Facing the ceiling, I mumbled, "I can't get used to your voice,''

'.....'

I smiled inwardly at her silence.

''Anyway, Is it true?'' I asked seriously.

'About?'

''Your memories, the moon goddess, and the lycan god manipulated it,'' I said.

'It seems so. When I shifted to a lycan, I remembered some things. At the same time, everything is blurry.'

''What do you remember?'' I asked.

'I only remember the moon goddess and the lycan god sealing me, but something is strange.' She said.

''What?''

'The moon goddess, sh-she shed a tear as she sealed me,'

'Although I can't remember fully, I could see her lips mouthing, < sorry, I am so sorry.>' She continued.

I furrowed my brows in confusion.

When Artemis mentioned the part where the moon goddess said sorry, I couldn't help but remember the dream of the voices after the scenario at the banquet.

That peculiar voice that called my name was the same voice that kept saying sorry to me.

<Carmen, sorry. I am so sorry>

'Is the goddess?' I thought.

'I have to find out later at the vampires or confirm when I have those dreams again,' I thought.

I sighed with an arm on my forehead and asked, ''Anything else?''

'No, that's all that came to me,' Artemis said.

'Nyctimus said all that Artemis knew were lies about the gods sealing her, then if what she knew was a lie, what about me?' I thought.

'Artemis said she knew I was her host when I was born, but how is it possible for her to have known when the moon goddess was responsible for the bond between us.' I added to my thought.

I sat up on the bed when those thoughts popped into my head.

''Now that I think about it,'' I mumbled.

'The moon goddess created Artemis, and she must be responsible for the bond between us, but why me?' I thought.

I continued to think and think, but nothing came up.

I sighed with my hand ruffling my hair and muttered, ''she must have seen something to choose me.''

'Nyctimus said the gods could see the future, but sometimes what they predict might not come true.