FIFTY-EIGHT

''Wake up, Child,'' A deep voice said as my eyes remained closed.

''You have to wake up, Carmen,'' At the mention of my name, I had to wake up to see the owner of the enthralling voice.

I opened my eyes to see the familiar white light that appeared with the moon goddess.

'But her voice,' I wondered as I noticed I was laying on thin air slightly above the light.

I sat up, and my feet touched the light before I stood up.

I looked up at the person who called me and saw it was the lycan god, the handsome Lycan god.

''You are awake,'' He said as he stared at me blankly, sitting in the same chair the moon goddess sat, arrogantly.

I could feel the pressure from him as he stared at me.

''Selene was right when she said you were special,'' He suddenly said.

''You who her, and I can't see the end of your future.'' He added.

''It was a gamble that we chose you, and it seems we did well in choosing the right person.'' He continued.

I stared blankly at the handsome man talking for a while before asking, ''Where am I?''

He stared at me before asking, ''Do you know who I am?''

I nodded.

He chuckled lowly, ''Such insolence.''

''As you can see, you are dealing with Typhon but not you at the same time,'' The Lycan god answered.

''You couldn't control the power of being a half-god in your beast form and now in your human form,'' The Lycan god added.

''In summary, you turned into a killing machine,'' He concluded with a tap of his index finger on the arm of the chair.

As he said those sentences, I felt pain in my head and remembered Conrad lying motionless on the ground before I blacked out and also saw a man with those eyes, the aura I felt from him was the same aura I sensed in the vampire castle.

'Typhon,' I thought as I remembered his black eyes.

'That should be him.' I concluded in my thoughts.

''Why am I here?'' I questioned the lycan god.

''I called you,'' The Lycan god stated.

'The Lycan god?' I thought.

''Then, what about the moon goddess?'' I asked in a confused tone because she had been the one to speak to me when I came here.

He stared at me before answering, ''Selene felt that you are not ready to know the truth since you don't know how to defeat Typhon, but I thought otherwise.''

''Don't you gods know how to defeat him?'' I asked as I remembered the witch goddess telling the moon goddess why she should have killed Typhon.

From that sentence, it seems they knew how to kill him.

''We did,''

''Then why wait for me to kill him?'' I asked because none of this would have happened if they had killed him from the beginning.

He didn't answer.

''Selene couldn't kill him,'' He said after a while.

''You can't feel it now because of your unfinished memory, but the bond between a god and its messenger differs from the mate bond. What Selene had with Typhon or his real name, Iasonas, was painful to let go.''