FOURTY-THREE

The day came for me and the others to look for the vampires.

Aiden, Scarlett, and Hunter remained in the kingdom if Typhon decided to attack when Conrad and I were not there.

Conrad decided to take twenty warriors, ten werewolves, ten Lycans, and the two witches.

We left the kingdom in vehicles, stayed on the road for ten days, stopped by hotels to sleep and eat during the journey.

It was a long journey by road, especially if our destination is an isolated forest.

We parked the cars at a deserted hotel near the entrance of the Dadia forest.

'It's denser,' I thought, noticing the difference between Argos and Dadia forest.

We struggled to find pathways to follow, but it seemed the forest had one road.

Tall tree, thorny branches, no sign of life anywhere, no streams, It was a deserted forest.

We walked for about two hours before Conrad stopped and turned to Amelia, asking, ''Do you sense them?''

Amelia looked around the forest and said, ''I do, and at the same time, I don't.''

''What do you mean by that?'' Conrad asked.

''She meant they are here but can't find them,'' Rose answered for her.

I sighed and turned to the thick-looking forest, thinking, 'How do we find them now?'

'Here,'

'Here,'

I heard a faint voice.

I turned to Conrad, asking, ''Do you hear that?''

Conrad looked at me and asked, ''What am I supposed to hear?''

'Come here,' The voice said again.

'Artemis,' I called my beast in my mind.

'Follow it,' She said.

I looked at the forest and followed where I could hear the voice.

''Where are you going?'' Conrad grabbed my arm.

''A voice, Artemis said I should follow a voice,'' I said, removing my arm from him, following the voice.

Conrad was about to stop his mate, but Rose intervened, ''Let's follow her, something might be leading her.''

I followed the voice deep into the forest with others following.

The voice stopped talking, and I stopped walking.

I looked at the forest and noticed this part was thicker and denser than where we stood before.

'It looks different from the Dadia forest,' I thought.

Conrad glanced at me, and it seemed he noticed it too.

Amelia suddenly said, ''Here, they are here.''

The second she said that a silver arrow shot at one of the warriors. I caught it an inch before his forehead.

I felt a sting in my hand but ignored it and looked in the direction where the arrow came out.

I looked in another direction at the bushy leaves of a tall tree and growled, ''Come out.''

There was silence in the forest before the sound of someone's laugh.

''It seems the oracle was right when he said you would look for us, but I didn't expect you to find us so quickly.''

A handsome man came out from the bushy leaves of a tall tree in the direction I stared at and stood on a branch looking at me below.