FIFTY-THREE (Carmen)

I exhaled heavily with blood dripping from my body that Seth inflicted during the fight.

'It's hard,' I thought, sensing him behind me.

I turned to see the shadow forming into his body as he smiled at me.

'What is he?' I thought.

''I guess this is your limit,'' He said, wiping the blood dripping from the slashes I inflicted on me but not as much as he did to me.

''Well..... you are the first person to inflict injuries on me, and for that, I would reward you.'' He said, staring at me.

''You might be wondering what I am since you smell my scent as a werewolf,'' He sped up to attack me, and I dodged the attack before landing mine.

He dodged and retreated backward.

My jacket had been torn to pieces and discarded on the floor.

''Let's just say the witch goddess did a good job discovering forbidden magic but expelled it for unknown reasons.''

''The magic has a lot of potentials, and Dimitra knows how to use it well.''

'Dimitra?' I thought as I kicked his side speedily, and he disappeared through his shadow.

I searched for Seth around until I sensed him, an inch behind me with his claws slashing my back.

I dodged the attack but not fast enough and suffered a slash on my arm with other injuries, healing slowly.

I retreated backward and clenched my teeth in pain at my injuries reopening.

'It should have healed by now,' I thought, staring at the previous injuries that had not healed.

'What did Typhon do?' I thought, staring at the smiling Seth.

''Where was I?'' He said knowingly with a smile.

''Oh yes! I am sure your witch friends know Dimitra.'' Seth said.

When he said it, a memory with Rose and Amelia came to mind about the witch that went to Typhon voluntarily.

''Although the master said he was after her sister for her great amount of magic, she managed to pass the master's expectations and did a lot of spells on different creatures, including me.''

''I am sure you noticed you are not healing fast thanks to the injuries I inflicted on you.'' He mentioned.

''Forbidden magic has a lot of spells for different wishes, and thanks to that magic, we have a witch as strong as the high priestess.''

''Thanks to the master who gave Dimitra an opportunity in magic, I wouldn't have this power.'' He said, smiling smugly.

''Although I want to tell you more, I must complete this mission of taking you to the master''.

He disappeared again through his shadow, and I searched for him.

I looked around, trying to pinpoint where I would find him.

'Use my eyes,' Artemis said to me in my head.

I blinked my eyes and noticed a difference in my vision.

I sensed an attack behind me and dodged it before retreating backward.

I glanced at Seth disappearing into his shadows.

'I see it,' I stared at the swirling black shadow on the ground.

The shadow moved as Seth appeared to attack me.

I gripped his clawed hand and threw him, hitting the ground.

Seth groaned in pain as he hit the ground.

'Impossible,' He thought.

Seth stood up immediately, dodged the attack from Carmen, glancing at her face, and saw the answer he needed.

'Her eyes,' He thought, pushing carmen backward, moving away from her.

'Her beast, a half-god,' he added to his thought, staring at carmen who still stood after defeating many vampires.

'Impressive,' He continued thinking, for her, standing and figuring out how to find a weakness in his power.

'Her power,' He thought as envy flashed in his eyes at the thought of taking her for himself.

'No. No, no, Seth, she is for the master.' He pushed his temptation as he concentrated on completing his mission.

He dodged an attack but managed to suffer an attack from carmen as he thought.

''Your mind is somewhere else,'' Carmen said, staring at Seth, who held his bleeding arm.

'I need to defeat him and fast,' She thought as she looked at a burning building as an idea came to her mind.

''Artemis, lend me your strength,'' I asked Artemis in my mind.

'I know what you are thinking but don't forget you would get tired easily, and Typhon...' Artemis didn't finish her sentence, but I understood what she meant.

''I won't collapse when I have the chance of defeating him here,'' I assured her.

'Besides, I need to be at my fastest in human form,' I thought, getting ready to run.

Seth gritted his teeth in pain as he thought,' Since she can find me with her beast's eyes, fighting her like this would be suicide.'

'Let's shift,' He thought as he shifted into his wolf.

Carmen and Seth sped to each other at different speeds.

'Faster,' I thought as the wolf attacked me at every he got.

'Faster!' I dodged his attacks and increased my speed more and more.

'Don't tell me she is becoming faster!' Seth thought in disbelief as he noticed that his eyes were struggling to find her.

I used this chance, increasing my speed, and tried to attack him.

I extended my claws and slashed him at any chance, on his back, arms, cheeks, and everywhere.

I noticed he had difficulty finding me, and when I saw an opening in his chest, I went through and ripped out his heart before kicking him into the burning building.

Seth spat out blood as carmen ripped out his heart and landed in the burning building.

'Impossible!' He thought as he could feel his consciousness leaving his body.

I stopped running and exhaled heavily with my hands on my knees.

'I did it,' I thought, breathing heavily.

I was about to rest for a while before joining others, but that's when I felt it.

'Typhon,' I thought, sensing that ominous sensation that gave me goosebumps.

I took a deep breath before standing up and speeding in the direction I sensed him.

'I hope whoever is with Typhon is okay,' I thought, with a bad feeling.

Another chapters guys.

Enjoy!

Also, Happy new month.