FIFTY-SIX

Young Conrad was the loved prince of the Lycan kingdom, loved by both his parents and the castle's workers.

A cute boy blessed with grey eyes; the only trait passed down within generations for the royal family of the Lycans, and luscious black hair.

A prince blessed with luxury, status, love, and affection from his parents, what more could he ask?

But everything changed when he asked for one thing from his parents. That was to visit the world beyond the lycan kingdom.

His parents were hesitant, but looking at their cute son, how could they deny what he wanted?

And so, the parents agreed with their child's desires, not knowing they would lead themselves to their deaths.

They wanted to start with the werewolf's territory, although, a seven days ride, it was the closest to the Lycan's kingdom.

They sent a letter to the goldmoon pack and got a reply two weeks later.

The letter stated where they would be happy to meet the royal family and specified the area they would meet with the directions.

Young Conrad was happy to be able to fulfill one of his wishes, and that was to explore the outside world.

His father, the king and mother, the mate, and the queen ensured the kingdom would be okay without their presence.

They finally left the kingdoms with ten warriors, although for the royal family, the number of guards must be more than that. But the king wanted his son to have fun without restricting him.

''I am sure you wonder how I knew about it?'' Typhon's voice broke Conrad's memory of when he was younger.

''You lots managed to defeat my creatures?'' Typhon looked around and saw there were no strays, rogues, or vampires to attack Conrad and Ryder.

''Good for you, now begin another one since my story time has not ended,'' Typhon said with a snap of his fingers, chuckling, and more creatures appeared out of thin air.

And so another attack began with the creatures, Ryder and Conrad.

''Where was I?'' Typhon wondered.

''Oh yes! I am sure you wonder how I knew about it?'' Typhon repeated.

''Why won't I know about it when I replied to your parent's letter to enter the werewolf territory?'' Typhon smiled at Conrad, who froze at his words and suffered an attack from a vampire.

'Why won't I know about it when I replied to your parents' letter to enter the werewolf territory?' The words echoed in Conrad's head.

''Poor werewolves don't know the Lycan king hated them for nothing they didn't do,'' Typhon said.

''You almost waged war on them, but what stopped you was the lack of evidence,'' Typhon strangled a creature that was about to attack Conrad with a choking hand gesture. That warned others not to attack Conrad yet.

Conrad continued to look at Typhon as he talked about what happened in his childhood.

Ryder wanted to call Conrad to snap out of it, but the creatures didn't allow him, and his body was at its limit.

''Don't you wonder why you couldn't find the letter?'' Typhon said as a paper appeared floating in the air at Conrad's front.

Conrad looked at the letter, an old letter.

 The evidence that showed he was right and thought that would have helped him destroy the werewolves for killing his parents.

The letter would have changed people's mindset about him killing his parents for the throne at a young age.