THIRTY-EIGHT

The next day, the rumors about Brittney rejecting her mate resurfaced, and her act of disrespecting the king's mate.

The person who spread the rumor also included the reason behind her action of disrespect towards the king's mate, and the question she asked me also got popular.

I ignored everything going on and continued my day without any fuss.

Conrad didn't ask me any questions about the rumors or what happened at the tea party, I also didn't take the initiative to tell either, and we continued our day as usual.

It seems we know that this discussion might lead to an argument, and we know that we are not at the level of discussing the future of our lives together in our relationship.

We are trying to get to know each other, and there are secrets we both need to tell each other.

We can discuss our future together after dealing with Typhon.

Conrad told me about the alpha's meeting, and since I am not one, I don't attend at all, but he told me I need to be there.

And I am seated here in the conference with different Alphas and Lunas, with the Lycans.

I ignored the stares and glances from people, especially a piercing stare from my ex-mate that I had forgotten his existence.

Aiden, seated beside me in the room, noticed my dilemma and asked in a mind-link, 'Are you okay?'

'You don't have to come.' He added.

'Conrad said I should come,' I glanced at him and answered.

'Oh, you call him by his name,' He asked amusingly.

I ignored his teasing eyes, and someone announced the king's entrance.

Conrad's eyes found mine before he looked away and sat in his chair.

''I want to thank the Alphas and Lunas of the werewolves for making time to come to my kingdom. The purpose of this meeting is to tell you what your elders and I agreed to a proposal to make it safe for all of us.'' He paused to look at everyone before continuing.

''Each Werewolves pack must send ten warriors to the kingdom, hopefully in the next two weeks. According to both oracles, our enemy is cunning, and you can tell with what happened to my mate.''

'Who doesn't know that the famous SANGUINEX defeated twenty-five strays and twenty-five rogues and came back injured?' The people in the conference room thought.

The rumor says that she slaughtered every single one of them. If it were rogues, they would not be surprised as it was something that she did for years, but strays attacked with the rogues, and she slaughtered them all.

Strays are also Lycans, and Lycans are stronger and more dangerous than werewolves.

'Maybe it is because she is half-lycan,' Some thought as it isn't a lie the SANGUINEX is half-lycan and half-werewolf, since it happened before them.

I could feel people's glances and stares at me again. It was the first time he acknowledged me as his mate in front of people. In the first meeting, he called me 'commander carmen,' and now it is my mate.

''So each pack can send ten warriors, and my mate and her vice-commander would train them for anything, and also you can go to your werewolves' pack tomorrow, but I prepared a banquet this night to send you off.''

''Does everyone agree to this?'' Conrad asked.

Everyone nodded and murmured an agreement to the king's suggestion.

SACRED REJECTOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara