FOURTY-TWO

We faced each other while the Lycans' commander stood in the middle.

He looked at us, saying, ''The first one to surrender is the winner.''

He left the middle and said, ''Fight.''

The warrior leaped into the air with his hand clenched, ready to punch, and I avoided the punch.

He did a round-house kick. I squatted down before punching him from below, I heard a painful groan, and I took that opportunity to move backward and stood up to kick him.

He flew backward, hitting the wall.

I heard a bone crack.

I looked at him buried in the wall and sighed in my heart, 'If Aiden were here, he would complain about my brute strength.' I thought.

'But if I want to take down a lycan, I need this kind of strength,' I added to my thought.

The warrior coughed out blood before looking at me.

He smiled, wiping the blood trailing his jaw, and said, ''Looks like the rumors were true.''

He pushed himself forward before continuing, ''I didn't expect a werewolf to have this kind of strength.''

''Surrender?'' I asked with crossed arms.

''No,'' He said and shifted to his Lycan.

I sighed before dodging a fast attack from him, ''You will die if you don't stop.''

I extended my claws and clawed his jaw to the side before kicking him backward.

He didn't hit the wall like his human form but moved backward.

'As expected, Lycans are stronger.' I thought.

''You are a good warrior, and you have the guts to challenge me,'' I said, looking at the lycan.

''Take my lessons as a reward and an apology from me for almost killing you,'' I added, appearing beside him, immediately kicking him at the side of his rib.

He couldn't turn his head to me before being kicked to another wall.

''Number one, your eyes must never leave your enemy,'' I said, appearing to him immediately.

''Number two, always be alert every minute, including being injured,'' I carried him from the wall before throwing him to the place we started our battle.

He lay on the ground with a painful groan and tried to stand up.

''Number three, If your enemy is stronger than you, figure out an escape plan or never give up till you defeat them,'' I said, walking towards him.

I stood in front of his lycan form and said, ''Always surpass your limit.''

''Surrender?'' I asked, staring at his struggling form.

He shifted to his human form naked and nodded his head before fainting.

I looked at the stunned lycan commander and said, ''He is not dead, just some broken bones.'' and left the dazed crowd.

I left the training ground for Conrad's room to change my clothes and go to my most-loved bakery in the kingdom.

I saw the woman who always pales at the sight of me, Amelia.

She noticed me and paled immediately.

I passed her, not taking her reaction as an offense.

We were a little distant before I heard her whisper, ''You smell like him.''

I stopped because no one was present here apart from the two of us.

I turned to her to see her looking at me with fearful eyes.

I walked toward her but stayed at a distance to prevent her from running without explaining what she meant.

''Who? My mate?'' I asked, confused at her words. If I smell like my mate, it might be because I live with him in his room.

''H-Him, the d-demon,'' She said with more fear in her eyes, and her body shook a little.

'Demon,' I thought, wondering why she said I smelled like a demon.

I looked at her, wondering about this demon, till a name came to my mind.

''Typhon?'' I asked.

Her body shook more.

Her reaction answered me.

''Why would I smell like Typhon?'' I asked with furrowed brows.

''You smell alike at the same time, not alike,'' She whispered.

I was about to ask her more, but she ran away.

I looked at her back and wondered why she told me about my smell, almost like the smell of Typhon.

'Please forgive her behavior. She is special in sensing what other witches can't' I remembered what Rose said about her.

'She senses what other witches can't sense,' I thought, walking to Conrad's room floor.

'So she senses people by scents.' I thought.

'Then what do I smell like, and why is it almost the same as Typhon?' I added to my thought, opening the door of Conrad's room.

I saw Conrad laid on his chest on the massive bed, and he looked up the second I entered.

I closed the door and asked, ''What are you doing here?''

''Why won't I come to my room? The room I share with my mate.'' He said, sitting on the edge of the bed.

I sat beside him and asked, ''Is there anything wrong?''

Since the witches found the vampires, Conrad comes to the room late because of excess work.

He wants the kingdom to keep working naturally without him for some time.

I know I am going with Conrad, but I don't know about the others following us.

'Aiden might come,' I thought.

He looked at me and placed his head on my shoulder, ''Nothing is wrong, just thinking about the vampires.''

''We are visiting them, not living with them,'' I said.

''I know, but we are coming unannounced, and they are reclusive creatures,'' Conrad said.

I understand what Conrad is trying to say, but we need to find the solution on how to defeat Typhon and possibly more about Artemis and me.

'They might attack us, but Nyctimus said they would welcome us.' I thought.

They have never interacted with other species, and if we visit them, No one can guarantee if the number of people we took will be the number that will come back.

''I defeated one of your warriors,'' I changed the topic to lighten the mood.

He removed his head from my shoulder, stared at me, and chuckled, ''I know.''

''But next time, don't accept challenges,'' He said seriously.

Too serious.

''Why?'' I asked, puzzled.

''To prevent you from seeing another man naked.''

''Always surpass your limit''- I remembered black clover while typing this chapter.

I missed the anime.

Hope another season comes back.

Anyways, another chapter.

Enjoy!