THIRTEEN

"I want to invite you to my wife's family dinner at 7 pm," Derek said, disturbing my thoughts of what took place during two months.

Now, they use Derek to invite me, knowing I can't refuse him. It is a custom for foreign werewolves in a pack to dine with the alpha of that pack with his family to show respect.

'Despicable, they must want to know something, seeing how they use everything at their disposal to get me.' I thought.

"It seems I can't refuse, but my brother is coming with me, right, Aiden?" I replied.

Aiden nodded his head at my statement. Derek furrowed his eyebrows before answering. "okay."

Aiden and I left the office after the meeting with Derek to the guest house.

"Sis, are you going?" Aiden questioned me as soon as we entered my room.

I sat on my bed and removed my combat boot while Aiden stood. " You know, I have to go and can't refuse it." I wiggled my toes before collapsing on the bed.

" I don't like this," Aiden mumbled, but I heard it.

"Neither do I, and you don't have to worry, Aiden. We will soon go home," I sighed to myself.

"Hmm," Aiden replied and left the room.

'Have you noticed anything out of place?' Artemis said in my head.

"No, but it is annoying they are persistent in having dinner with me," I retorted aloud.

'But don't you think it is weird?' Artemis asked.

'what?'

'Carmen, If they want to latch onto your status, they can't because words should have spread to neighboring packs about your relationship with them. they should know you can't be with them after all they have done to you.'

"What is weird about that?" I asked, not understanding what Artemis said.

'Why are they trying to reach after knowing all that.'

"That is true unless they are quite thick-skinned."

But what Artemis said is disturbing, and If they know they can't be close, why call me instead of avoiding.

I sighed on the bed with my face covered with my arm. " Artemis, please watch out for anything."

Aiden knocked on the door of my former home, the home where everything was perfect in my world until that night. That night, I saw the reality of this cruel and wicked world.

'Aiden, you watch out for anything suspicious.' I mind-linked Aiden as the door opened.

'Yeah.' Aiden answered his sister as the beta's mother greeted them at the door.

"Carmen, you came." Mrs knight greeted her daughter with a smile.

"Yes, I came with my brother because your alpha instructed us to," I replied blankly, indicating I didn't want to come.

As expected, her smile faltered slightly but came up as she acknowledged Aiden's presence.

We entered the home as she led us to the dining room.

Aiden looked around his sister's former home, noticing her lack of pictures in the house.

'How come I can't see your pictures?' Aiden mind-linked me.

'They burned it,' I answered.

'What?'

'They burned every single thing of my presence in this house,' I replied coldly.