FIVE

I knew that a day would come for me to face them. To encounter the people responsible for my demons, my scars, and my past,

I always wished for my past not to catch up with m.

But we can't have everything in this world, can we?

"When?'' I asked with my gaze forward, waiting for Aiden to answer the question.

I could feel his gaze on the side of my face, probably trying to read me.

He sighed, " I don't know, but the elders told me to inform you. "

I stood from the bench at his response and picked up my boxing gloves to exit the gym.

Aiden blocked my path and held my shoulders, looking at me seriously, ''You know I can go in your place to train them."

" Pack comes first, Aiden, in any situation," I returned his gaze.

He looked annoyed at my answer, " I know pack comes first, but you will face them, your past...."

"It is my duty, Aiden," I didn't allow him to finish that sentence.

I shrugged his hands off my shoulders and sidestepped him, but Aiden didn't give up.

He blocked my way again.

'Now, I am getting annoyed,' I thought irritatedly, staring at Aiden with a frown.

"Aiden, Let me go," I said.

He looked at me and stood his ground.

" I won't be responsible for my actions, Aiden," I warned him with a low growl.

Aiden knows my temper is the worst when it comes to packing training. He knows I swore an oath when I took this position to help any werewolf pack in need, regardless of any reason. I am a pack trainer and warrior, the best in the werewolves' society and one of the best in the supernatural world.

My past is not going to stop me.

His expression looked defeated when he saw that I was not joking.

"Will you be okay?" He asked seriously.

" I am okay. Facing my ex-family won't change anything. You are my family, Aiden. Dad and Scarlett too. They stopped being my family since they raised their hands on me."

He looked almost satisfied with my answer but still had doubts " what about him?''

'Him?' I thought confusedly, staring at Aiden.

''Your mate,'' Aiden clarified when he saw my confused expression.

Oh! Him.

I had a look of realization.

Well, my ex-mate, now.

I can't believe I had forgotten about him as my mate.

No one can blame me when I do not feel the mate bond anymore.

I do not know if it exists, but I do not feel Derek's emotions or anything from him.

After his rejection, I always felt something, but presently nothing.

"He doesn't change anything. He rejected me for Stella," I answered.

He viewed me the way they did, a weakling and an abomination. Being my mate or ex-mate won't change anything.

Aiden looked satisfied at my response but reassured me, " Talk to me if anything happens."

I inwardly smiled at Aiden's care.

He saved me from my demons.

His family gave me another reason to live apart from Artemis.

They gave me a home. Nothing can replace them, not my past or my biological family.

I face reflection in the mirror, with full black hair with white strands, vivid violet eyes, and faintly scarred pale skin. 

My whole body has scars from my past and present. During the first two years of my stay in the goldmoon pack, Scarlett made sure I ate food three times daily. She said I was bony, and she was right.

I mean, they did starve me.

Presently I have a lean and fit figure.

During my lonely and quiet times in the goldmoon pack, their voices from that night echoed in my head till now, But I always remind myself that these people led me to my family, my real family, blood or not. Some things happen for a reason whether, bad or good but, it does not justify their actions, and I will teach them how to abuse and torture people with themselves. I said earlier that I would not get revenge, but that does not mean I won't teach them a lesson.

I have encountered many rogues, mindless creatures urging me to kill anything on their path, so facing my past is not as bad as facing these deadly rogues.

My eyes left my reflection in the mirror and moved the black leather jacket on my bed in my room.

Wearing the jackets, I left my room for the elder's courtroom, where all the alphas meet the elders.

I know I can always meet up with Aiden to replace me in training my former pack, but it will show that I am weak.

I hate weakness.

I promised Artemis that I would never be weak.

I worked hard to get this position, and I am not throwing it away because of them.

The guards at the sides of the gigantic golden door bowed their heads in respect before opening it for me. 

I took a deep breath before entering the room for another training.

Time to see why the moon goddess is sending me back to them.

Vote and comment

see ya.