FOURTEEN

"Daughter, how are you doing?" Elder Hunter's voice said through the office phone in Alpha's Derek office.

"Dad, your real son, is here," Aiden said sarcastically.

"I don't need to worry about you, but carmen went to her family," Elder Hunter said.

"I am doing well, father, and I don't have a family here," I replied.

"Carmen." Elder Hunter sighed.

Although he knew what carmen's family did was unforgivable, she should not be harsh on them. She should know why they did that to her. Before, pushing them away, but she would not listen to him when he brings up.

"We are not alone," Carmen warned him.

Elder Hunter went silent for a while before speaking. "An Alpha?"

"Yeah," Aiden answered.

"Alpha, It is a pleasure to hear from you. I am Elder Hunter from goldmoon pack, the two warriors' father," Elder Hunter said in a distant tone different from the warm tone.

Alpha Derek was not stupid. He could hear that the elder did not like him due to carmen, "Yes, it is nice to hear from you, and I am Alpha Derek from Rosemoon pack Elder Hunter."

Alpha Derek was stunned to see carmen slightly different from what he saw. Whenever he spoke to carmen, it felt like he talked to a machine. Now she talks to the man who adopted her. He could hear her voice, slightly different from what he heard.

"I hope my children, especially carmen, have not caused any trouble," Elder Hunter asked.

"No. Elder, we are grateful for sending them to us," Alpha Derek said.

"That's good to hear. Please, continue to take care of my children." Elder Hunter replied.

"Hunter, please talk about the investigation." Carmen suddenly spoke.

Elder Hunter cleared his throat before talking seriously. " It seems there is a leader."

"A leader, now that's troublesome," Aiden mumbled.

I leaned back in my chair and asked, " Did you find out what they are looking for?"

Elder Hunter went silent before sighing. "No, I didn't."

'He's lying.' I thought as I made eye contact with Aiden.

Aiden must have noticed too.

"Alpha Derek, please could you give us privacy?" Aiden asked.

Derek looked at both of us before standing up from the chair. "If there is something about my pack, please tell me," He left.

After making sure his footsteps were not behind the door, Aiden spoke," I am surprised he did not argue."

Elder Hunter said jokingly, "He wants to look good in front of his mate."

I corrected him, "Ex-mate."

"I won't be surprised if he has second thoughts about the luna position. My daughter will make the best Luna, even a better alpha." Elder Hunter said proudly.

'I can imagine his puffed chest,' I thought amusedly.

"Dad, can you be serious for a minute?" Aiden sighed at his childish father.

Elder Hunter chuckled at his son's words before continuing in a firm tone. " Someone is in authority over the rogues, and it seems they have a witch by their side. During the investigation, The leader spoke through the man, 'If he knew, he would have come to this pack because what he wants is here.' "