THIRTY-NINE

I came out of the bathroom wrapped in my bathrobe with my hair damp as I stared at the dress on the massive bed in confusion.

I stared.

And continued staring,

It didn't disappear.

I was sure I placed my casual wear on the bed before leaving for the bathroom, but a gown replaced it.

I looked at Sarah, who opened the door to my mate's room and had an idea of what was happening.

''Miss carmen, his majesty asked me to dress you since you don't have a dress for the evening banquet,'' She smiled.

''I see,'' I nodded in a daze.

Sarah gave me the gown and pushed me into the walk-in closet to wear it.

I came out of the closet, and Sarah, arranging kinds of stuff on the bed, stared at me.

''Is it bad?'' I asked blankly, but I knew that I was nervous inside.

''Miss carmen. I am envious of your body, and his majesty would be happy with the dress he chose for you,'' Sarah squealed in excitement.

''Con- His majesty chose the dress?'' I asked in a surprised tone.

Sarah assisted me in sitting on a chair in front of the mirror and answered, ''Yes, he did.''

I nodded and allowed Sarah to finish dressing me up.

After thirty minutes, when the banquet had started, Sarah finished with my hair and face.

She helped me to wear my shoe, and I stood up, staring at the mirror in a daze.

'This is me?' I thought.

I could see a black, mermaid-fitting gown with an off-shoulder, intricate gold-linning detailing around the lace features gracefully off the shoulders.

The satin with lace gown hugged my hips till the knee, and the tail flared, with gold lining plunging the hem.

The tail of the gown gracefully swept the floor as I moved.

Sarah helped to wear black strapped heels with a golden floral brooch near the toes.

I wiggled my toes in the heels.

'Perfect,' I thought, admiring the shoe.

''Shoes are perfect, the dress is fabulous, and make-up is beautiful and not much.'' Sarah nodded, walking around me.

Sarah used light make-up on me, she told me that I was the most beautiful werewolf female she had seen, and I did not need much make-up on my face, just a little to enhance my facial features, but I didn't take her comment seriously.

Sarah guided me to the banquet and bid me a good evening before I was left alone.

I took a deep breath before I stepped into the hall with an impassive gaze.

I ignored the stares and glances coming my way and searched for Aiden.

I saw him with Scarlett and Hunter and made my way to them.

''My baby looks amazing.'' Scarlett complimented me holding my hands and admiring the dress.

''It seems the king listened to me,'' Aiden said.

''You told him?" I asked.

''Yes, I offered opinions to him not to look for you or Artemis after the conference meeting and told him.

How did you think he knew about your dressing situation? You should thank me well.'' Aiden nodded, appreciating himself.

I nodded at him and took a glass of wine from the passing server.