CHP 24: THE BET.

Chp 24: The Bet.

"Hi Haley. How was it?" Mom asks. I see her making something in the kitchen. Nick is nowhere to be seen.

"It was so good mom. He is a real sweetheart." I tell her.

"Great. Give me all the details." She turns and places two plates on the table.

And so, I start from the very beginning and tell her everything over dinner.

"I knew he was a nice kid. I could feel it. I am happy for you. And jealous too. You got a nice one girl." Mom winks jokingly and puts both our plates in the dishwasher.

"Mom, stop. You're making me blush." I hide my face in my hands

"Come on now, go get some sleep. It is Monday tomorrow." Mom says.

"Yeah. But where is Nick?" I ask.

"Oh. He is already sleeping. He was dead tired after swimming. And he has early practice tomorrow so he crashed early." Mom explains.

"Who told him to go swim then? Stupid boy. Anyways, goodnight mom." I kiss her cheek.

"Goodnight Hales." She smiles.

I waste no time and head straight to bed. Even though I want to text Jackson, I think against it. The boy needs to rest. He has to sleep. He was already tired because of practice and then was out most of the day with me today.

I turn off the lights and am almost into dreamland when I hear my phone beep. Me being my usual curious self, pick it up and check it.

*One new message from Jackson*

'Goodnight Haley xx'

His text makes me grin. He is so sweet. I text him a goodnight back and think about everything that happened today.

Who would have though that he would pay so much attention to my stupid rambles about these cars? He really put more than a thought for this date. It was so unique, so different. So memorable. I had such a good time. And then he just took me to my favourite pizza joint. How observant of him. Then when he brought me to the tree house, I think that was the best thing about today. How can I forget the sweet kiss we shared. I blush thinking about how soft his lips were against mine.

And then it struck me. I remember Jackson telling me, "I would have kissed you again if your neighbour wasn't looking like he would shoot someone". Or something like that when we were standing outside my house.

He obviously didn't mean Sam. So was it Reece? What a jerk. Why was he looking in the first place? God only knows.

* * * * * * * * *

Waking up on Mondays, at least for me, is the hardest task ever. But still, I do have to go. And now I have a reason to attend school on a daily basis: Jackson.

I get ready and go downstairs and realize I am home alone. Nick already left and mom went to the hospital too.

I eat quickly and go to my room to packmy bag. Once I am done, I take my phone and see that I have two new messages. I open them and start to read:

'So sorry. I went to sleep :/'

'And goodmorning beauty :) see you in school ;)'

I smile and put my phone in my pocket. There is no point in texting him back as I going to be seeing him in less than an hours time.

I lock the house and start to walk to school.

"Your date was such a pussy yesterday." I hear someone say.