CHP 13: FAMILY DINNERS ARE THE BEST.

Chp 13: Family dinners are the best.

'.... I love her and will always do until my last breath and I really miss her .'

I put my pen down and finish with my eulogy. It is now five o'clock in the evening on a Saturday today. Sam and Kale both left after lunch. Yesterday night, we had loads of fun. But I don't know if I can say the same thing about today. Besides, dad is coming home after six months. Maybe it won't be that bad after all.

"Haley, your dad is going to be here any minute and this is what you are wearing?" Mom has been in a rush the whole day today.

"Mum, his flight will be landing in half an hour. He will be home in an hour and a half. And what is so wrong with my clothes?" I look down at them. I am wearing a Sponge bob T-shirt and black shorts. Is it bad?

"Don't you wanna go and pick him up?" She asks sitting down on my bed.

"Oh. Um, can't Nick do it? I have to complete the homework that I missed yesterday." I lie to her. I really do not want to go.

"Haley. You do know that I can always tell whenever you lie, right?" She gives me a stern look.

"Uh... please? I don't have any valid reason for not going but-"

"No buts. You are going to go and pick your father from the airport. That is an order. C'mon now, get dressed." she stands up to leave the room.

"Mom!" I give her my best puppy dog eye look.

"Honey, I already have loads to worry about regarding the funeral and new neighbors and all that, so please do not start another thing for me to worry on." She says.

"Fine. I wil change and pick him up." I move towards my closet.

"Thank you." And with that she leaves the room.

The one thing I do not understand is that why do I need to change my clothes to go pick my father? I decide on wearing blue skinny jeans, a white tank top and a pink and grey striped overshirt with long sleeves over it. With this I put on my black flat bellies and I am ready to go. I tie my hair in a high pony tail and look at myself in the mirror before I take my phone and my car keys, perfect.

"Mom, I am leaving." I yell so that she can hear me.

"Okay. See you. Bye!" She yells back.

* * * * * * * * *

I reach the airport and dial my fathers number. After two rings he answers.

"Hello?"

"Dad? Where are you?"

"Oh, Haley! I just reached, waiting for the luggage now." He says.

"Okay, I am in the parking lot C. See ya."

"Wait! You have come to pick me up?" he sounds surprised.

"Yes. Why? Do you have somebody coming for you, other than me?' I ask.

"No. Well, it's okay. I'll be there in five minutes." He says and hangs up.

I have a feeling that he did have a ride back home whoich he is going to cancel in these five minutes. I put my earphones in and pass my time unless he arrives.

Almost after ten minutes, I see dad coming towards my car. Damn, I gotta admit, even at this age he looks good. I get out of the car to hug him.

"Hey kiddo. You look good." He hugs me.

"Hi dad. Thank you. So do you! How are you?" I ask him.

"I am fine, I just missed you all a lot. What about you?" He opens the trunk to put his bags in.