CHP 25: THE MATCH.

Chp 25: The match.

Today is the day everyone has been waiting for. It is THE FRIDAY. The match will start at 4. All of us are pretty excited about it.

Yesterday, Mrs. Clark came to our house and told us that they will be leaving today to see her mother in her hometown as she is not very well and will return back on Sunday evening. Reece will be the only one who won't be going as he has his match to play.

Inwardly, I wanted him to go. But then, I want to see him lose too today, so that I can later tease him. And then there is the bet too. Even though I am confident enough that our team will win, a tiny piece of me is scared that Reece's team might win and he will win the bet. Like come on, I really do not want to go on a date with him for god sakes!

When I told my two best friends about this silly bet with Reece, I got mixed reactions. Sam told me that it was a very stupid idea and I should have never agreed on it. While Kale told me that I did a good thing challenging a 'Woodson boy'. As he is so confident that Reece will lose the bet and I will win. It all now depends on the match.

School is already off, everyone will just start to gather in the Woodsons ground by 3:30. Nick already left as he has the 'pre-match motivational speech' thing by coach.

Mom has gone to the hospital and texted me earlier today saying that she will be back maybe by Saturday night if the operation is succesful and if it is not then she will return directly on Sunday. So Nick and I as usual will have the house to ourselves. Sam and I will just be leaving any moment now for the match. My phone starts to ring and it is Sam.

"Ya ready?" She asks.

"Yeah, I am coming to yours. See ya." I say and hang up.

As Nick has taken the car, I am riding with Sam in hers. Today is going to be interesting.

"I am so excited!" Sam claps her hands in excitement.

"I know right! Both teams stand a good chance but obviously we are winning." I say with the same level of excitement.

* * * *

"We are here.... but it seems there is no place left for parking." Sam says looking for an empty spot.

"Why don't you just park it in our school then? We can walk the way. It is like ten minutes." I suggest.

"Smart." She takes a u-turn and soon we are in the Woodsons ground.

"Hey you too." Ryan greets us. Behind him, Jackson stands looking all motivated.

"Hey, I didn't see you there." He smiles at me.

"Hi. So, all ready?" I ask.

"Ready as I'll ever be." He winks.

"Where are the others?" Sam asks.

"Kale and Nick are doing the final positioning and strategy thing with coach and the other players are scattered around here and there. The match will start in fifteen minutes now." Ryan says.

"Guys, go kick their asses!" Sam yells when she spots Clayton. The main ass of Woodson High.

"All the best. Win and come." I smile at both of them.

"Thanks both of you." They say at the same time. Brother moment.

"We will head to our seats now. Good luck." I say and pull Sam. She looks like she will pounce on Clayton if he comes closer.

"Sam, come on."

"I want to murder him. It is because of him that we lost last year."

"Okay, I know. We won't this time. Now lets go."