CHP 19: YOU SMILE, I SMILE.

Chp 19: You smile, I smile.

I start to drive away from Jackson's, already longing for Jackson, feeling the need of him being next to me.

To divert my mind I plug in my ipod and listen to my favourite tracks.

After fifteen minutes or so, I park into my driveway and get out of the car when my phone starts to ring.

I look at the caller- id and see Nicks name flashing onto my screen.

I am literally five feet away from the door. So I reject the call. I lock my car and my phone rings once more. My ringtone seems extra loud in this cold silent neighbourhood. I reject it once more. Can't he wait?

Almost when I am about to ring the door bell, my phone rings again.

"Can't you wait? I am just outside the door." I say, irritated.

"Yeah. I just wanted to tell you something." He says.

"Seriously Nick? I just said I am literally outside the door." I am getting irritated by the second.

"You have the house keys?" He asks.

"Uh, no? Why? Everything okay? Please dont tell me you locked yourself out of the house again."

"What? No! I.. I'm at a party. I left at eight. Its more like an overnight, actually. I am at Luke's." He rants.

"You gotta be kidding. Couldn't you at least give me a phone call? Or a text?" I say a bit louder than excpected.

"Chill Hay, whats up your pants?" He says amused.

"Shut up. I'll search the porch to see the spare key..." I tell him already looking under the pot where the key is usually placed.

"Yeah. Do that. I informed mum. She told me to call you. So I did. And she also said she will be coming tomorrow in the evening as there is some problem with the surgery she was performing, blah blah."

"Okay... I am guessing you wont be home too until lunch then?"

"More like after lunch."

"Fine. Nick, the key isn't here..." I feel sweat forming on my forehead.

"You searched everywhere? The pot? Under the mat?" He asks.

"Well, obviously I did. I won't say I can't find it if I wouldn't have searched there." I roll my eyes.

"Mum has a key, spare key is unknown and I have one key, but mum will get mad if she comes to know you drove all the way to Luke's at ten minutes to ten o'clock." He says not amused anymore.

"I know. It's a forty five minute drive. I wont come there anyway." I sit on the steps.

"What about.... the neighbours? Mom used to keep one key with Tracy always." He says after a few seconds of silence.

"No. She won't. They just came." I say a bit too fast.

"At least you could try once."

"Nah. I don't want to disturb them. Their lights are off." I lie. The real reason why I dont want to go there is the jerk.

"It's okay. You can ask once." He says.

"No Nick, you don't underst--"

"I gotta go sorry. Bye Haley." He hangs up.

I have no choice. I gotta try if I want to sleep on my bed. I walk towards the house and ring the bell and my phone rings again.

"Now what?" I ask Nick.