CHP 11: NEW NEIGHBORS.

Chp 11: New neighbors.

"Rise and shine."

"Urgh, go away Nick."

"Haleyyyy. Wake up!" Nick yells.

"Let me be in peace." I put my pillow over my head.

"Shut up, I have some news." He starts to shake me.

"One more minute." I turn my head to the other side.

After five seconds he starts singing loudly in his ridiculous voice.

"I am not waking up." I bury my head more into my pillows.

"Haley that's it. You. Wake. Up. Now!"

"I have something really important to tell you." He continues.

"Fine. What is so important that you couldn't wait for me to wake up?"

"First, its 10 am. You slept for thirteen hours! Second I don't want you to cry when you hear the third. Okay? And third, we are getting new neighbors. By Wednesday."

"New neighbors? How? I mean, it's just been a day since the death..." I say confused.

"Yeah I know, let me explain. A month ago, Tracy put her house for rent and never told a soul about it, except for Sophie. So these people who are coming this Wednesday agreed to stay here, and now when they heard about the death they decided to buy the house."

"For rent? Why would she do that?" I ask.

"We don't really know yet. Mom is gonna ask Sophie though."

"Why didn't Sophie tell us? And where is she going to live now?" All this new information is a lot to take right after I wake up.

"I don't know why she didn't tell us but she is going back to her hometown today, will come here on Sunday for the funeral..." he tells me.

"She is going back to Texas? Wow."

"Yeah... I think Tracy was going to go with her and so she put the house for rent but I'm not sure."

"This is all so messed up. Nothing explains this."

"It is. But anyways mom wants you and me to go grocery shopping as dad arrives here tomorrow."

"Can I eat first please?" And take in all this news.

"Sure, we'll leave in an hour?" He asks and stands up.

"Alright. Where's mom?" I ask and stretch a little.

"She is cleaning."

"Cleaning? And mum?" I ask amused.

'Well yeah, her room. She doesn't want the maid to do it." He tells me.

"I wonder why"

"Maybe it is because dad is coming back home after seven months? " he says it more like a question.

"Yeah, maybe." I agree.

"One hour, okay?"

"Okay."

***

We arrive the store around twelve o'clock.

"Where is the list?" I ask.

"Here." He hands me one and keeps one for himself.

"Why did you get two lists?"

"It will save our time. I'll go to the east aisle and you go west." Nick orders.