CHP 26: WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR?

Chp 26: What are friends for?

I am so mad right now. Couldnt he at least wait till I was gone and then flirted with that slut?

"Haley wait!" I hear someone call for me. But I do not look back. I just keep walking towards home.

Emotional Wreck.

That is what I am right now. For some reason, I am hurt. More hurt than I thought I would be. I mean, I though Jackson and I had something. Like we could have you know, taken our friendship onto another level. How stupid of me to think that? Boys are boys. They are all the same. Sometimes even when they don't intend to they just indirectly hurt us girls, hurt us real bad.

I feel like crying my eyes out for being such a fool. But at the moment, more than sad I think I am angry. Devasted. Hurt. Shattered. Betrayed. Upset. Irritated. Annoyed. I am just a mixed emotional wreck right now.

I really do not even want to think about it anymore. It will just make me more upset and angry. But there are two questions that I would really like someone to answer me: Why do good people always go after the bad ones? And, Why do people disappoint us when we start to get fond of them? Why? I just want to know why Jackson did that to me. I thought we were getting somewhere.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath inside. Slowly, I open them and sigh. I should just forget about it. Thinking about it will not get me anywhere.

I remove the house keys from my back pocket and unlock the door. A shower seems like the best idea right now.

Honestly, it is like I used to sing, dance and play with barbies in the shower but now I make my life decisions in there. Yeah I do still sometimes sing and dance, no barbies though, but making decisions in there has become like a thing for me. But I have decided not to think about anything at all in the shower. I will just go in wash myself, shampoo and come out.

* * * * *

I come out the shower in ten minutes. That was like the quickest shower of my life. I dress quickly and am just about to go eat when Nick calls for me.

"Haley!?" Nick yells from downstairs.

"What?" I go down.

I see him wearing party clothes. Whats happening?

"Why are you dressed that way?" I ask.

"Uh, yeah about that. As we won, all the team members and chearleaders are having this small get together..." he explains.

"You mean a confidential party?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Something of that sort. So, I was saying that I don't know what time I will be back though so yeah. See ya." He leaves.

The thought of Jackson and Rebecca at the party annoys me. A lot. But I try to brush it off.

I make myself some noodles when someone knocks at my door. Why would they knock? We have a doorbell...

"Coming!" I rush and open the door and my eyes go wide as ever. What the hell?

"Reece?! What happened?" I ask him. He is currently lying as good as dead on my porch. He is not wearing his football jersey but he looks like a zombie. For real.

"I never thought I would ever say this, but I need your help." He says sighing. His voice comes out weak.

"Come on, lets get you in." I help him up and walk him over to the couch. Evem though I do not like him, the poor guy got injured bad today and he lost a match which he was surely going to win, so I think I do not really need to be a bitch to him right now.