CHP 10: BEEN THERE, DONE THAT.

Chp 10: Been there, done that.

"Hales, we need to go. Now. I'll tell you everything later." He says gasping for air.

"Okay. But what happened?" I'm a little worried now.

"Mum called, Hay. Tracy. She is really very critical. She maybe taking her last breaths right now." As Nick says those words I feel my world crumbling into tiny pieces.

"This can't be happening. No. Please...plea...just please tell me it's a nightmare. Please." I start crying.

"Hey, c'mon we have to go. Now."

"Yea, I'll back you'll up. Go leave." Jackson says from behind me.

And with that we rush to the car, the only question in my mind, 'Will I get to see Tracy once more before she dies?'

*****

There comes a time in life where everything reaches it's limit. You just feel like stopping all the things happening around you and screaming on top of your lungs. But right now, I couldn't even scream. It feels as if there is no voice inside of me.

I am very familiar to this kind of emotion. I have been there. To that mental state where the mind just decides to stop working because of the shock. Because of the truth. Because of the reality. The real world is just so cruel. Nothing we can do, to ever change that. And nothing I can do to change the fact that I am in the waiting room squeezing Nicks hand so tight that there might be an airline fracture there later.

When we reached the hospital, the doctors had stabilized Tracy. But then she had a seizure, and now they are trying their very best to keep her alive, to cure my Tracy. It just feels so long in here, when in reality it has just been one and a half hour.

"Haley? My hand hurts." Nick winces.

"I'm sorry." I say but my voice comes out so faint I don't think even I could hear it.

"Just keep a little hope." Sophie says to me.

I scoff. "That's what is the hardest of all. Keeping hope."

"Code blue! Call doctor Austin. Get out of the way, code blue." one of Tracy's nurse yells.

Code blue? What does that mean she has a cardiac arrest? Oh, God. Help her please,

"Everything will be alright." My mother says and rushes into the room.

I run to the window to see what is going on inside.

"Clear." Mom says and resuscitates once.

"Clear." She tries again.

"Clear." And again. And then once more. But Tracy's heart doesn't respond.

"C'mon please." I cry.

"CPR is not working! Clear." Mum goes again and still there in no response.

"You don't have to see this." Nick pulls me to the chairs.

"C'mon Haley. He says and pulls with more force when I don't move.

***After ten minutes***

"I'm sorry Haley. I couldn't save her. " My hugs me as soon as she comes out of the room.

"The CPR didn't work and her blood wasn't going to her brains. It's all my fault." She says whist hugging me.

"I'll be back." I say chocking on my own voice.

"Okay. Take Nick with you." She says and goes to Sophie.