The Shoot Part 1

“Hello?”

“Urm hey Daniel, its Armani Collins...”

“Oh hey, you alright?”

“Yeah I’m all good, I got your text about…you know…me being in your video…”

“Good, you up for it?  He asked

Silence hit us as I thought about it, Chloe and Tiara looked down at me in anticipation.

“Well…I’ve never been in a music video before, I wouldn’t know what to do” I bit my fingernails anxiously

“It’s nothing, just stand and look beautiful but in your case, that won’t be hard” My jaw dropped.

“Mr Simmons, are you flirting with me?” I raised an eyebrow as bravery rose up in me

“It depends…are you coming to the shoot?” He played with me.

I bit my lip. Tiara and Chloe were basically shouting at me to say yes.

“I don’t kn-“I was interrupted as Chloe and Tiara grabbed the phone from my hand.

“SHE’LL BE THERE!” They shouted down the phone in unison and threw it back to me.

He chuckled down the phone; his voice is like…argh. It’s like sex let’s just put it that way.

“It’s short notice but the shoot’s tonight, I’ll text you the address”

“Nice…One last question, Mr Simmons…” I pondered

“Call me Diggy and yeah?”

“How did you find my number?”

“Well, you were in the club last night right? I was there with my boy DJ Spin King and you caught my eye while you was dancing, so I asked around and got your number. You looked like you was having so much fun with your girl, your smile…it definitely had me caught up last night”

“I-I-I urm…i-i-“ I stuttered.  Did Diggy Simmons really just say that to me?

He chuckled again.

“I’ll see you tonight, Armani”

He hanged up and I just sat there paralysed for a good 15 minutes.

“Armani…are you ooookaaay?” Chloe waved her hands in front of my face

“Chloe. The DIGGY SIMMONS just asked me to be in his video tonight and called me beautiful, you really expect me to be okay?”

“Well you better be okay because this ain’t no slap dash video shoot we are talking about, this is the big time” Tiara smiled

A text soon came through stating the address and avenue.  All of this was just getting realer and realer by the second.

“The shoots at six, its three now.” I bit my nails

“Don’t bite your nails, the manicurists are going to hate you” Tiara slapped my hand away from my mouth.

“You know the shoot it all the way in central LA. Like Hollywood area..” Chloe told me

“How am I supposed to fit in that type of neighbourhood?! You got all the stars in Hollywood, I can’t do this! How am I supposed to do to this! I CAN’T FLIPPING DO THIS”

“SNAP OUT OF IT! Daniel picked you for a reason; of course you can do this. Just cause you’re a young black girl from West Cali does not mean you can’t do this.” Tiara reassured me